Tony Stewart hits, kills walking driver on sprint-car track

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ousoonerfan22

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I've spent a lot of time at the track....drag strip more than dirt track but if you watch the video and see the way his car reacts when you hear the engine rev in my opinion he hit the throttle. I'm no video expert and could be wrong.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Disrespectful? I dunno... poor taste, perhaps. But even humor in poor taste can still be funny. But personally, I don't feel the need to afford any more "respect" to Kevin Ward, Jr. than to the guy in Mexico who shot himself taking a "selfie." Perhaps even less. Both were being stupid and dipshits, but the racer was being an aggressive, macho, posturing stupid dipshit instead of just trying to look cool. Both stupid, but I feel no obligation to give either one of them "respect." Getting yourself dead doesn't entitle you to that, in my book. Respect is earned by doing the right thing, by being a real man or real human, not just a living, breathing organism.

I'm indifferent, really, to the guy's plight and fate. Sad for his family... but maybe if someone woulda yanked him up by the ear when he was 5 or 6 years old and showed him how to behave properly in public and in a sporting event, he might still be alive. I know that's part of my goal when trying to correct or discipline my boy. Maybe someone tried and it didn't take. In which case I feel sorry for them. If they're a family of macho, overbearing, aggressive, posturing dipshits, then they're reaping what they sowed. The only sport I've seen more of this (type of person/family) is rodeo. Seen way too many of those "cowboys" I have little to no sympathy for, as they have no idea how to act.

BTW, I'd say the same about Stewart, he's had his share of bad behavior and sportsmanship over the years.

<edit> Or maybe I'm just pissy today and being an *******, myself.

Last edited:

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I met the pro "rasslers," the Von Erichs, many years ago when they were getting ready for a "meet the public" event staged by the Toyota dealership in Lawton.

They were cool guys, (big too!) and one of them told me a joke: "What has two teeth and an IQ of 16?" The answer was "A wrestling crowd."

Sometimes it seems like some of the same folks are NASCAR fans. And, having such a fan base, it would encourage the stars to cater to their need for silliness.

Of course I believe real race cars turn right as well as left.

I am truly sorry this young man is dead, and I feel the fans have encouraged this kind of behavior. Some growing up seems to be in order for the entire NASCAR complex.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The actual wreck itself was rather boring, my wife has employees that watch NASCAR just to see the wrecks... :cuckoo:

She tells them they need to watch a real race like MotoGP or AMA superbike, those guys have spectacular wrecks, balls that clank, and they race in the rain.

Latest posts

Top Bottom