Tony Stewart hits, kills walking driver on sprint-car track

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I think you have nailed it (no pun intended).

Guys if you think that Stewart didn't know his rear end would slide out that direction you are just crazy. Those sprint car races are mostly sideways. And Stewart is a hell of a driver and I can guarantee he was in complete and total control of the car and knew EXACTLY what he was doing. Dirt track racing is a rough sport and tempers do in fact get flared often. Stupid and too much testosterone on both sides, add in a superstar's ego and it becomes clear. With Tony's past anger problems, it's pretty clear that he let a "message" he was sending get out of control. Don't think I'd call it outright murder, but he needs to spend some time in prison over this.

Yep yep. I agree.

Wheel Gun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Other than just the egos and tempers at play, I imagine that these race track confrontations are wildly popular with the fans. Drivers can't help to notice the fans reaction when a "wrongly wrecked" driver stalks down the track to face the villain who dun him wrong. Unless a marshall stops it, many/most drivers would be tempted to do this and this gentleman lost his life that way.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Only Stewart knows his intentions. A prosecutor will have to prove some kind of intent or malice and Stewart is the only guy who knows that. Good luck getting him to admit he was only trying to sling dirt or get close.

Stewart needs to utilize the "right to remain silent".

918evo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Both guys are at fault, but Stewart should be in trouble for this. I don't think that he meant to hurt the guy, but he acted recklessly, and that resulted in the loss of a life.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Stewart was spraying the guy. It is done a lot and this time he got a bit to close or the guy lunged. Stewart was going to spray the guy with dirt. I have seen it done thousands of times. I have been guilty of doing it during CrossCountry MX races 30 years ago, it is known situation, you battle with a guy, he goes down, he gets mad, he stays on the course and you spray him with dirt. Tony Stewart was spraying the guy with dirt debris. Then he either comes at you in the pits after the race and the fight is on. Or he calms down and shakes it off as "just racing". I feel bad for the sport, I feel bad for both sides of the Familys involved. Anger got them both in trouble.

I have been guilty of both sides of what happened. To the point that a back tire on a dirt bike ripped up my riding pants and tore the buckles off my racing boots. I look back and it was all silliness, but hey, it is what it is when your in the heat of things.

Latest posts

Top Bottom