Tony Stewart hits, kills walking driver on sprint-car track

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
It's hard for me to tell if he hits the throttle or not. All the other engine noise in the video are from the cars passing in front of the stands. I see his rear end fishtail, but I don't think the engine noise is from his car on the other side of the track.

At best, Tony maybe tried to throw a little dirt on him, and ended up planting him into the dirt.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Nascar should ban him. Stewart, the Bushs, Harvick....them days are over and have been. Kinda like fighting in Hockey or rule changes in football. The sport evolved and them guys didnt. The worlds a different place today.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
It's hard for me to tell if he hits the throttle or not. All the other engine noise in the video are from the cars passing in front of the stands. I see his rear end fishtail, but I don't think the engine noise is from his car on the other side of the track.

At best, Tony maybe tried to throw a little dirt on him, and ended up planting him into the dirt.

If ya throw dirt on him or "plant" him, that shows intent.....the outcome was a dead driver, guilty of manslaughter.

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Stewart was spraying the guy. It is done a lot and this time he got a bit to close or the guy lunged. Stewart was going to spray the guy with dirt. I have seen it done thousands of times. I have been guilty of doing it during CrossCountry MX races 30 years ago, it is known situation, you battle with a guy, he goes down, he gets mad, he stays on the course and you spray him with dirt. Tony Stewart was spraying the guy with dirt debris. Then he either comes at you in the pits after the race and the fight is on. Or he calms down and shakes it off as "just racing". I feel bad for the sport, I feel bad for both sides of the Familys involved. Anger got them both in trouble.

I have been guilty of both sides of what happened. To the point that a back tire on a dirt bike ripped up my riding pants and tore the buckles off my racing boots. I look back and it was all silliness, but hey, it is what it is when your in the heat of things.

I've roosted guys and been roosted on dirt bikes, ATVs, snowmobiles, waterskis, snow skis and jet skis. Part of the fun... until you feed someone a tire. Then it's assault.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sad deal indeed , but as was said : not that uncommon, just got out of control.

Prayers to All involved.

That said TStewart is an arrogant , obnoxis, self serving , Ahole, with known anger issues.

He should be stripped of all titles, winnings and forced to sell off his racing team.

( hey if its good enough for a BB club owner,,)

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nascar should ban him. Stewart, the Bushs, Harvick....them days are over and have been. Kinda like fighting in Hockey or rule changes in football. The sport evolved and them guys didnt. The worlds a different place today.

Au Contrair

There should be a cage in the pits, Anyone that looses control......to the cage ...several enter..some Might get out....
;)

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
i've been to a thousand races. nescar, sprints, locals,etc. and have seen him race both. he was WAY to close to the guy. its a sad deal for sure. career ending for stewart probably. i think he is responsible and should get prepared for at the very least an expensive civil trial

Latest posts

Top Bottom