took my niece to the range today (Sgt. Everett's)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neginfluence04

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I took my 13 year old niece to the range (Sgt. Everett's) today to break in my new XDS (used to be my wifes), my XDM .40 compact (new tirgger job), my XDM 9mm fullsize (new tigger job and night sights), and a few of the other old toys. We ended up shootings 500 (.45), 400 (.40), 600 (9mm), 200 (.380), 200 (.357), and 200 (.22lr) in about a 3-4 hour time frame. The old ammo bag was extremely heavy going in and very light coming out.

394462_469021783117308_1568169036_n.jpg

All in all she did fairly good for this being her second time shooting. She requested that I bring her along every time I go from now on.

This was our first visit to Sgt. Everett and maybe our last. The lane rental was decently priced but the range was not up to my usual standards. During our 3-4 hour stay they lost power in the range twice, the pulley rope system was kind of ghetto, and the range was hot and unventilated. I haven't been to an indoor range in years and now I remember why I prefer to shoot outdoor or at heartland. All in all I enjoyed spending the day with my niece and shooting but from now on I will drive to Edmond (heartland) or Shawnee (outdoor) to shoot.

229015_469048259781327_1631717709_n.jpg

65ny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Awesome! They have an all night range there?

Ya....what's up with that? If they let me stay after hours I'd say something nice about them. :scratch: I've been there several times. It can get a little warm in there, but they have fans and I'm in there shooting, so I don't expect the environment to be as nice as if I were sitting on my couch. You do have to send your target up and down range with a rope/pulley but it only takes a few seconds. The guys that work there have always been courteous and professional (that's a big deal to me) and they offer a military discout. Anyway....not trying to start an argument. Everyone's opinions and experiences aren't the same.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went on Sat with my sister in law. Ventilation was horrible, no fans or doors open like usual, blowing unburned powder out my nose by the time I left. Most of the lanes were inoperable due to missing hangers. The hangers arent quite large enough for the targets they sell either. No discounted rate for multiple shooters on a lane, so I am gonna give AAT a chance next time. I have been to Everett's multiple times, and had considered a membership, but after the last trip I'm leaning towards no.

Maverick21

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think the cost of the lane would bother me after sending that much ammo down range.

Sounds like it was an awesome time though. Converted another one!

neginfluence04

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
yea we had to switch lanes twice due to the first lane had no hanger and the second was missing a holder for the hanger. I had a lot of fun but with half the fans not working, the door being closed, Zero ventilation, not all the equipment up and working, and the lights turning off multiple times it left a sour taste in my mouth. I will say the big guy behind the counter was very courteous and professional but the range wasn't what I expected.

neginfluence04

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think the cost of the lane would bother me after sending that much ammo down range.

Sounds like it was an awesome time though. Converted another one!

I have kind of a sweat deal worked out with my brother-n-law. Anytime I order ammo in bulk he usually goes in half with me. The sweat part of the deal is he rarely shoots and never goes unless I go.

Latest posts

Top Bottom