Total Solar Eclipse - April 8th, 2024

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Clouds yay!!!!!

A buddy down by Sardis.
IMG_3031.jpeg

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We thought it was pretty cool. It was about 97% here near Ada. Good a little dim...like a heavily overcast day. Cloud cover cooperated for the most part. We were just outside doing chores and stopped for a bit to take a break and watch the show.

It was about the same as the 2017 eclipse when I was in Idaho. Guessing this is my last eclipse. Depending on where I end up I'll either have a much better view...or worse...for the next one.

T. MIKE SMITH

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And the big winner is- tourism- an estimated 1.8 billion dollars generated by travelers for this event. One motel owner said her rates were 4 times the norm. I'm sure she had to have Maria's sister help her clean and wash sheets and towels.

CoronaBorealis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We had 93% coverage in Norman. Pretty amazing that only 7% of the sun still just makes it seem like a heavily overcast day. For those that weren’t impressed, keep in mind this wasn’t totality for anyone except those in far SE Oklahoma. True totality will make it as dark as nighttime outside, not just an overcast day.

My family had plans to go to Dallas but we cancelled due to the forecast for clouds and severe weather. I’m kicking myself for that now.

AdvRider918

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This was a few hours before the eclipse. Chemtrails all over the place. By the time of the eclipse it was downright cloudy all over the Tulsa region. Similar reports from other cities all across the eclipse path.

IMG_7686.jpeg
IMG_7687.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom