Total Solar Eclipse - April 8th, 2024

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
20240408_140239.jpg

KroyWen

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll watch whatever there is from whatever location I'll be in at that time. I don't pay stupid for an event that lasts a few minutes. (unless there is a brass pole involved.)
Made it about 50 miles into SE Arkansas today when we saw the darkness coming, so pulled to the shoulder, got out, put on the glasses and watched it happen. It didn’t get as dark as we thought it was going to as we were probably right at the 95-98% of totality, but the temperature did drop about 15 degrees. We watched about ten minutes and went on our way.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And the big winner is- tourism- an estimated 1.8 billion dollars generated by travelers for this event. One motel owner said her rates were 4 times the norm. I'm sure she had to have Maria's sister help her clean and wash sheets and towels.
We are staying in Russellville Ar tonight. Here is what the eclipse viewing public had to pay to stay here. $200 a night. Since it’s over, $48 for us.

IMG_2929.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom