Total Solar Eclipse - April 8th, 2024

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CoronaBorealis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll watch whatever there is from whatever location I'll be in at that time. I don't pay stupid for an event that lasts a few minutes. (unless there is a brass pole involved.)
Totality is potentially a once in a lifetime event. Imagine it being so dark at 1pm that you can see stars. This is going to be an absolutely amazing event, if weather cooperates.

Steelers Fan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Apparently being in the direct path is a big thing. We were in Honobia Ok this fall in SE Oklahoma that is in the direct path. People are dozing out pastures to allow RV's access and getting reservations of hundreds of dollars a night to park there with no electricity, no plumbing for water and no dump station.
Some of our friends in Tx are renting out their RV's in the area where it will be total eclipse for $1000 a night, and have takers.
Be glad of your cancellation CoronaBorealis. Don't follow the sheep. Forge your own path. I seen the same in Nebraska. I can't believe people paid some of those amounts but they did. Worst part is I drove past many of these committed, cloud covered corpses that were in the dead zone due to making a decision too early. I stayed flexible and mobile. You must have a clear sky or most all of the magic will die. Another thing is I did not, on last event, and will not on future be around any crowds. This is a natural event that causes animals to act differently during the process. If you want to hear screams and chearing, chatter and distractions pull into the parking lots of cars and clusters of campers. Silence is Golden. I drove off the beaten path, down a dirt road, NW of Grand Island Nebraska (Hornady Plant) near Cairo, overlooking the Middle Loup River. Just me, my dog and a lawn chair. I needed to hear the crickets chirp, see birds go to roost, wildlife come out to feed and cows bed under the trickery of a false sunset and twilight episode. My old dog even caught a quail and showed it to me before consumption. MAGICAL !

Last edited:

foghorn918

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My brother and I drove into Nebraska for the last one, out in the country, pulled off the road, got out our lawn chairs, packed a lunch and enjoyed it all to ourselves.

April day before we'll be in Branson and decided to drive south toward Russellville Arkansas and see what we can see

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OK is going to be cloudy, chance of rain.

I know folks taking off work and driving to Arkansas to see it.

While I would like to see it, I am not chasing it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom