Traditional rifles that still hold up

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which would you choose and why?

• Total voters

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've come to believe that for everything except the zombie apocalypse you can do just about anything in North America with a .30-06 bolt gun, an over/under 12 gauge, a .357 revolver and a .22LR semi auto pistol.

Don
I'd trade the .22 pistol for a .22LR rifle, the 12ga over/under for a pump, and add a 9mm carry. A .22LR rifle is pretty much "small game R us"... :D

But yeah... I don't feel the need for a bunch of different calibers.
:drunk2:
___

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have literally thousands of dollars tied up in some high end rifles and optics, but my grab and go gun is a 1961 built Winchester 70 featherweight 270 Win topped with an 80’s era Leupold. I traded a cheap AR for the rifle about 10 years ago, and the only upgrade is a McMillan stock.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am a huge fan of the old Enfield action. Not a faster bolt gun made and a perfect location of the safety makes it east to use with gloves on. Not as strong as most modern actions but the 303 Brit has taken every big game animal on this planet. I would love to see the No 4 made with modern steels in 308, 243, etc.
I also love the old Savage M99. I had one in 243 way back. I can not remember if it was one of the guns stolen or if I traded it.

cal7.62x39

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My 336Y is not scouted yet, but will soon enough have an XS rail, sights, and scout scope with QD rings. But for now it's lightweight sporting a champion synthetic stock. And the capacity to carry 19 rounds on and in the rifle. The reason for a lever gun for me is because I'm a lefty while the rest of my family are all right handed, so if I have to hand the rifle off it would still be able to be used with no special accomodations.
IMG_20210223_212109.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom