Traeger Grill!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikeyinokc

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are a couple of "Traeger" sites on Facebook, if you are on it. Lots of tips and recipes there. As previously stated, the Traeger units have more problems now than the older units. They were made in the US originally, but now are made in China. An investment company bought the Traeger business and now they have been expanding the line the past few years.

There is a learning curve to using any pellet grill. Read all you can about them and it will help you. I bought a Traeger 9 years ago, and used it a lot. Have given it to my son now, and bought a Smokin Brothers pellet grill. There are many brands of pellet grills out there.....you get what you pay for.

mikeyinokc

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My son got one of those fancy smancy machines over the weekend. Seasoned it up one evening all the while heckling me and telling me I needed to get rid of my stick burner and get me one. The next evening invited us over for a cookout so we walked around the corner to his house for an evening of food and friendship. He fired it up and it kept tripping the breaker. Got tired of listening to him griping about it so I took the meat back to my house and fired up the Webber kettle with charcoal and picked me some small limbs from under the pecan trees and by the time he figured out he had to clean out the ash pot we were eating cornish hens, steaks and pork chops. Probably smoke some ribs on my stick burner Friday while he's at work and have them over that evening so I can rub it in a little more. :tounge2: I'm pretty good at knowing when to "put another log on the fire"
If it's a GFCI breaker, it's usually a bad "hot rod" and will have to be changed out.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had a trigger for probably 17 years now and never had any of the issues mentioned earlier. However as was also mentioned, I don't have a chinese-made treager. Also I clean mine maybe every two years and I run six to seven bags of pellets through it in a season

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are a couple of "Traeger" sites on Facebook, if you are on it. Lots of tips and recipes there. As previously stated, the Traeger units have more problems now than the older units. They were made in the US originally, but now are made in China. An investment company bought the Traeger business and now they have been expanding the line the past few years.

There is a learning curve to using any pellet grill. Read all you can about them and it will help you. I bought a Traeger 9 years ago, and used it a lot. Have given it to my son now, and bought a Smokin Brothers pellet grill. There are many brands of pellet grills out there.....you get what you pay for.
I bought a $20 raffle ticket for a Traeger grill to support a local cause. If I were to buy a pellet smoker/grill now, I wouldn't buy a Traeger.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a $20 raffle ticket for a Traeger grill to support a local cause. If I were to buy a pellet smoker/grill now, I wouldn't buy a Traeger.

I wouldn't, either. I have one, and they're not bad, but for the money you pay for the name, there is just as good and better.

To me, it's kinda like buying a Kimber.

Latest posts

Top Bottom