Trail Boss

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Madpap

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've tried Unique and like it, I like trying different powders and working up loads. You never know when you might be missing out on something unless you try them. And if things get bad again that might be all I can get. But mostly I just like trying new and working up loads.

TonyT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like to try new powders but hate to buy not knowing anything about them. Anyone use Trail Boss? I would like to hear the goods and bads about it. Mainly for .38sp. Thanks for any replies. Terry

I have switched to Trail Boss for all my lead and plated bullet loads in the old straight walled cases such as 38 Special, 44 Special, 45 Colt and some 45 ACP revolver loads. The min and max data on the Hodgdon website is very good. I use the min loads for steel plate shoots, accurate and very light perceived recoil.

Ksmirk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got out this weekend with the chrony and TrailBoss loaded 308 rounds, here's what I ened up with;

10.0gr. 1266fps
9.8gr. 1231fps
9.6gr. 1217fps
9.4gr. skipped
9.2gr. 1183fps
9.0gr. 1181fps

These were loads I used cast 165gr. Federal GM210M primers and LC brass, shot from a 26" 1-10 twist barrel, at 50 yards these things shot real good! and they tore the heck out of a blackjack tree that was another 40 or so yards behind the target. I was impressed to say the least with these loads but I still need to work on getting a subsonic load, I'll load some more this week and TRY to make it back out to the range. Went out to Thunderbird Range this weekend met some real nice folks and I'll have to say that Ken is a heck of a nice guy sorry my little brother and I banged the heck out of the steel out there at 426! talk about a sound I had forgotten it was great! I'll try and keep everyone posted about these loads. Later,

Kirk

Latest posts

Top Bottom