Trail Boss

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Madpap

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like to try new powders but hate to buy not knowing anything about them. Anyone use Trail Boss? I would like to hear the goods and bads about it. Mainly for .38sp. Thanks for any replies. Terry

Ksmirk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got some last week just waiting on my cast bullets to get here for some sub-sonic loads for the 308 :rubhands: it'd be more fun with a can but hey you can't hunt with a can @#$&%*)$%^*%%^##@& it would make things so much easier around the house for keeping on the neighbors good side.

StammesOpfer I hear 9.6gr with a 175SMK is pretty cool. I figure start at 10gr and work back until it's hush hush. Later,

Kirk

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Never thought about that Kirk.
I may be experiementing soon.....

I made a small mistake recently.
Used 2400 instead of bluedot.
Shot a couple today at Tbird.
Thet made a little poop sound.

Madpap

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went ahead and tried some today. Case filling and mild recoil, think I'm gonna like it. Tried a couple of loads and seems accurate enough. Will work on it some more tomorrow, but looks good so far.

Ksmirk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Old Fart, I'll keep ya posted when I get the bullets, your close enough might give ya a few to try when they get here. They are 165gr. kinda wanted something in the 180gr range but hey the price was right on these bullets and the caster is going to change alloy to soften them up so they will expand.

Madpap, ya wanna share your load data? it's always good to know what works for some granted so modification may have to be made but it's good to have an idea. Later,

Kirk

Madpap

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So far I've tried 3.5, 4.0, 4.3, and 4.5gr with 125gr rnfp. 4.3 the most accurate. But still working on it. When it warms up a little I'll be back out there and let you know. By the way, 3.5 was a very good load for a new shooter. Accuracy was ok.

Latest posts

Top Bottom