Trail Cam Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
undeg01 - you got some FAT bucks! Must be some other food source close by(assuming because the drought has our plots non-existent) or you're dropping some coin on the corn. :) Best of luck to you this fall and your daughters.
Just native grass and acorns. No crops for miles of my place and I have fed far less corn this year than years past. I’ve just had a little corn going out each day since Labor Day I finally turned the feeders up a notch this past week in anticipation of muzzleloader season.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just native grass and acorns. No crops for miles of my place and I have fed far less corn this year than years past. I’ve just had a little corn going out each day since Labor Day I finally turned the feeders up a notch this past week in anticipation of muzzleloader season.
I normally turn my corn feeders up to 8 seconds, but this year they’re going to get what they get. I’m still trying to decide if I’m going to top off the protein feeders next week. I’m pretty much done, and my son isn’t sure if/when he’s coming back to hunt. :scratch:

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I normally turn my corn feeders up to 8 seconds, but this year they’re going to get what they get. I’m still trying to decide if I’m going to top off the protein feeders next week. I’m pretty much done, and my son isn’t sure if/when he’s coming back to hunt. :scratch:
I run mine 4s in the morning and 2s in the evening. I only have one protein feeder that I will fill next Friday with a mix of corn and creep pellets, and it is the one that sits 100 yds in front of my cabin.

Last edited:

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I run mine 4s in the morning and 2s in the evening. I only have one protein feeder that I will fill next Friday with a mix of corn and creep pellets, and it is the one that sits 100 yds in front of my cab8n.
I run 4 corn feeders year around on 3 seconds twice a day, and I have two 1000 lb. protein feeders that I have timers on and run twice a day.

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Always enjoy a good fight photo!!
MFDC0116.JPG

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I run my feeders about 6 seconds on medium speed in the morning and 4 seconds in the evening.
At home in the front yard, the wifes feeder runs about 8 seconds each time as I'm ordered to do......
She thinks they are going to starve if she doesn't keep them fed while there are hundreds of pounds of acorns on the ground near the feeder.
Ok.....

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here is another picture with him scratching an itch.View attachment 309122
Well guys, I don’t have to worry about it anymore on whether to shoot it or not. A friends son was lucky enough to get him this morning.

Let me just say he was definitely excited and I am happy for him. I have been watching him all summer and glad he got the excitement of a nice buck.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom