Trail Cam Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I sympathize with your situations, but y’all have it good. Try dealing with that kind of crap from 500 miles when you can’t just drive back tomorrow to fix an issue. It’ll make you lose all your religion.
I’ve had the neighbor’s cows get in and spin a camera on the post, coons eat my wires to the external battery, deer eat the antenna, and random blades of grass all the time, and I have to wait 3-4 weeks to go fix it. :censored:

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Since we're discussing trail camera woes . . . the memory card on one of my Spylink cameras is completely full. So it hasn't transmitted pics since Halloween. Why can't Spylink do what Moultrie does and allow you to set the camera to over-write the oldest pic if the card gets full? Grrrr.

I really want to go fix it today, but with the wind the way it is I don't want to blow that stand out at the moment. But I might try to sneak in there and get a new one in there.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since we're discussing trail camera woes . . . the memory card on one of my Spylink cameras is completely full. So it hasn't transmitted pics since Halloween. Why can't Spylink do what Moultrie does and allow you to set the camera to over-write the oldest pic if the card gets full? Grrrr.

I really want to go fix it today, but with the wind the way it is I don't want to blow that stand out at the moment. But I might try to sneak in there and get a new one in there.
What size card? Depending on the picture size I choose, I can get 5-10k pictures on a 16 gig card. It sounds like you just need a bigger card.:anyone:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My reveal tacticams just overwrite the SD card. I’ve had a 32 gig card in there since spring. It’s still at 60 some percentage of being full.
I did get an email from Reveal this morning. Said my cams would automatically reset to the time change on the first pic after midnight.
Probably still have to adjust the feeding times?

Okieyote

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
9A489A43-54D1-42CA-9C15-DD67B6C5ECD1.jpeg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mission accomplished. Johnson grass removed.

Pulled cards on a couple other cams.
Bucks still feeding together as of yesterday.

472D9D7C-CA5C-4669-9B7B-8D6ADDC9EE01.jpeg
CB22C574-3DBC-4E25-8073-218C5A503317.jpeg
4F19E364-0BDC-4074-B857-A9A8A5D1417F.jpeg

Coming home, there were 7 does in the front yard and this buck across the fence in the back yard in a pic my wife sent me.

B465CAA1-8A5C-45E8-BA24-0042F57186EC.jpeg

When I was coming up the driveway I saw him chasing does right at dark in the front yard.
Rut is just getting started.

Latest posts

Top Bottom