Tree Stand Fatality Today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have never wore a harness hunting in the 5-6 years I have been into hunting. after reading some of the posts we had just a couple weeks ago about the fella that had to be on life support and took him self off. I borrowed a cheesy harness from a guy at work (he tells his wife he wears them and he doesn't) so I started using it, and last week I went to Academy and bought a nice aftermarket one for like $50-60. Best investment I could have bought. They do not limit mobility that much, gives me a peace of mind that if I do fall i have a better chance of going home that day alive to see my wife and son again.

No deer is worth your life!
Hook Up! At least for your family's sake.

Good for you and I would tell your buddy no more hunting with him unless he wears harness, period. If he kills himself while hunting with you, you will be the one to have to tell his family about his stupidity.

cmhbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Has anyone seen a news report on this story?

Just spent 5 minutes with Google, trying "oklahoma deer stand fall," "Seminole OK hunter," "Pottawatomie OK hunter," and "oklahoma hunting accident." The only link I found about it was this thread.

There was a story about a guy in a stand being attacked by an owl.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I never saw a news story but was told about it by Lt Jon Cunningham. He did tell me later that he thought it happened a week ago and not the day he told me, which is when I posted that it was that day. They may not have made it public? He definitely said it was near Maud.

Latest posts

Top Bottom