Tried some fishing today at Pretty Water/Sahoma

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JRSherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
and failed miserably.

Fished until the tip of the rod froze over for trout on Pretty Water, and gave it up. Some guys were fishing in the creek with some success, but they were biting so light that the guys were leaving their poles propped just to see the nibbles. I seriously need to get a rack built/bought for my canoe. Although, I'd have had to break the ice to get up it today.

So after that, I decided I'd try to go fail at catching crappie on Sahoma, and I succeeded! At not catching any, that is.

Sure made for a rough, miserable day.

hard_r

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
and failed miserably.

Fished until the tip of the rod froze over for trout on Pretty Water, and gave it up. Some guys were fishing in the creek with some success, but they were biting so light that the guys were leaving their poles propped just to see the nibbles. I seriously need to get a rack built/bought for my canoe. Although, I'd have had to break the ice to get up it today.

So after that, I decided I'd try to go fail at catching crappie on Sahoma, and I succeeded! At not catching any, that is.

Sure made for a rough, miserable day.

You didn't fail at fishing. You failed at catching. Not the same thing. My ole Poppa used to say, "The best day of fishing I ever had, I didn't catch a thing." A lot of truth to that, I've found. With hunting and fishing, it's not the outcome that matters, but the experience.

crg1372

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Definitely better than being stuck in the house.....like me.....with the flu. I'm anxious to get back up to Blue River pretty quick but gotta get over this crap first.

Latest posts

Top Bottom