Trump just lost the last of his non-window licking supporters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It seems to me that Trump wanted to run as an Independent until the Republican party decided they needed to convince him to run as a Republican to keep him from splitting the R vote. I do not think Trump is as entrenched in the Republican party as much as he is entrenched in being an American. That is why the Republican "establishment" is trying to bring him down in every way they can. They have no control over him, he has not taken the bribery donations, he owes no one favors, he just does as he pleases and keeps his numbers up. Just a milder version of the Tea Party movement.

I did not like him at first, but the more everyone who is bought and paid for by some special interest group bashes him and he just keeps on, the more I like him. Most real Democrats do not like him, the Republican establishment does not like him, the big financial donors do not like him, the politicians do not like him. It seems just the people that are fed up with politics as usual like him. He will have my vote in the Primary, I am fed up with most everything in politics. Name one way it could be worse than the direction we are headed at the present time.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, the one's that are Indian, he'd march to a wasteland and kill as many along the way as possible.

Hmmm. I thought part of his reasoning for marching them off was to avoid a bloodbath, but that gets left out of the story a lot. And the fact that he adopted an Indian, or fought alongside them, not just against them. In any case, he was a dang sight better than any of the lot we have to choose from now.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, that's what I thought. :rolleyes2

Bull crap. You already said Bernie in an earlier thread, and made the comment let this country burn. Nice.

Even JB Books that was a raging liberal when he first came on this forum had an epiphany that converted him to the republican ticket.

There is not one candidate on either side that can't be accused of flip flopping so your argument against Trump is mute.

Brilliant counter arguments to my assertion that Trump is not a conservative and very enlightening answers to my question about what I am missing about his candidacy.

My comments about Sanders were in jest.

Help me understand why a constitutional conservative should vote for Trump who is, at best a moderate (but I hate that term). He appears to have no central values or philosophy to guide his leadership. He, like every politician, just goes for the sound bite in an attempt to gain votes and power.

How will he lead? What will be the basic tenants of his administration?

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
National Review launches massive anti- Trump issue.
http://www.nationalreview.com

RNC responds by revoking the publication's participation in upcoming debate.
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/01/national-review-rnc-debate-donald-trump-218098

What in the hell is happening?

We're definitely down the rabbit hole here. A few months ago, the RNC would've helped TNR trash Trump. They hate Trump as much as the so-called conservatives at TNR.

TNR likes to distinguish between anti establishment and conservative, which is fair. Trump is in no way a conservative, but he's definitely anti-establishment. Cruz is conservative and somewhat anti-establishment.

On the flip side of that coin, some of the GOP candidates and policy wonks TNR considers "conservative", most certainly aren't. Being a die hard Republican and conservative are not synonymous. Many of the religious right "conservatives", are just tax & spend statists. Many of the establishment GOP elites are tax & spend statist moderates.

It's my opinion that the nominee should be a true conservative. That means politically and fiscally. That automatically means they're anti-establishment, because the GOP establishment isn't conservative.

If Rand Paul had any chance whatsoever to be the nominee, I'd vote for him. As he doesn't, I'll vote for Cruz. He has some warts, but there's time to work on those before the general election.

Brilliant counter arguments to my assertion that Trump is not a conservative and very enlightening answers to my question about what I am missing about his candidacy.

My comments about Sanders were in jest.

Help me understand why a constitutional conservative should vote for Trump who is, at best a moderate (but I hate that term). He appears to have no central values or philosophy to guide his leadership. He, like every politician, just goes for the sound bite in an attempt to gain votes and power.

How will he lead? What will be the basic tenants of his administration?

We get it, you're 100% focused on being anti-Trump. So much so that you can't even narrow it down as to who would be in your top 3 to vote FOR. You currently stand for nothing but "No Trump".

IMO, if you can't even narrow it down to three at this point, it means you don't even know what you want in your candidate of choice. If you're a registered Republican, you only have 38 DAYS to make a decision. Are you just waiting for IA, NH, SC and NV to make your decision for you? If not, I'd suggest you stop focusing so hard on Trump and spend some time doing research on the rest.

If you're not a registered Republican, you don't even have a choice to make until November. That makes your anti-Trump stance pretty moot. He either will or won't be the nominee and all the energy you spend against him won't make any difference at all. This and the 38 days remaining until Super Tuesday are why we really don't care to tell you "what you're missing". What you're missing is irrelevant, because most of us have already decided who we're voting for in the primary, or at least have it narrowed to two or three.

In no order:
Carson
Cruz
Paul

Awesome! Perhaps you can show SMS how it's done? ;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom