Trump leads in polls

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think most of them are still in luv with Trump because he's great for ratings.
For sure CNN is pumping him up in front of their debate tomorrow night.:popcorn:

Pumping him because their normal fee for advertisements is $5000.00 per minute. For the debate I think I heard its $250,000 per minute.
Trump challenged CNN's owner to donate the profit to veterans groups.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

They wish. That article is just more fuel to feed the "kill Trump in the debate" monster.

There are plenty gunning for Trump and I seriously doubt that Carly is one with it as #1 on her agenda. If he opens the door she will slam it so hard that he'll need a toupe' afterward though. Trump knows this. There are two definites and a probable 3rd person not to trifle with tomorrow. That's Carson and Fiorina and Cruz is the maybe. Carson and Fiorina are fully capable of chewing him up and spitting him out with their intellect. Cruz is a D.C. veteran but he also owns the record that Trump is coveting, and he's no dummy himself either.

I look for Paul, Kasich, Walker and Huckaby to go for the throat. They need the media attention. Jindal would too but he ain't there.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They wish. That article is just more fuel to feed the "kill Trump in the debate" monster.

There are plenty gunning for Trump and I seriously doubt that Carly is one with it as #1 on her agenda. If he opens the door she will slam it so hard that he'll need a toupe' afterward though. Trump knows this. There are two definites and a probable 3rd person not to trifle with tomorrow. That's Carson and Fiorina and Cruz is the maybe. Carson and Fiorina are fully capable of chewing him up and spitting him out with their intellect. Cruz is a D.C. veteran but he also owns the record that Trump is coveting, and he's no dummy himself either.

I look for Paul, Kasich, Walker and Huckaby to go for the throat. They need the media attention. Jindal would too but he ain't there.

Cruz is waiting for the VP slot. He has already proved that by inviting Trump to that tea party rally.
The rest of the establishment crowd is waiting for trump to make a gaff and fade, and it's not going to happen. He has made a half dozen or so already and it has boosted him onto the polls.
It would take a lightning strike for trump to not get the GOP nomination at this point.
Meanwhile the GOP establishment is wringing their hands wondering why the American right is so pissed.
In their guilded thrones, they promise change to the voters and when they get in office, it's all forgotten.
Remember how in the
Last election we voted for the right on promises that they would stop funding for obamacare, and stop illegal immigration. What did they do?
They funded both.
Now they say the could do it only if they had the White House.
The right controls the senate, and the house, and we still let this idiot run the country into the ground?
Career politicians are the enemy of this country. They come into office a regular citizen and leave with millions in their coffers. Where does this come from? I'll bet you know.

Obama has to be sitting on his throne with s big old smile.

Last edited:

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I agree with your list. Cruz wants a VP invite from Trump, should he seal the deal.

Well, this race is a whole lot more entertaining than watching McCain vs Romney.

Ain't that the truth! However, do you think it would be this exciting if the GOP and media had been able to suppress Trump from the start? We'd be snoozing to Jeb and Graham debating whether Unisom or Tylenol PM was the best sleep aid. :(

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It would take a lightning strike for trump to not get the GOP nomination at this point.

I'm not so sure. We have a long ways to go and I heard some polling stats yesterday that said of all the people polled in favor of Trump (in whatever poll this was), that 63% were open to changing their vote. I could be in that 63% too, except I'm not planning on voting for Trump. But in the end I might, but he's not my 1st choice but if it comes down to him being the only one that can win over the commie challenger, I'll take him at his word. I'm not thinking that he'll play well if he pulls an Obama and backtracks on everything he says he's going to do and the public calls him on it. I'm also wondering if Cruz, Rubio and Paul would better serve us by retaining their senate seats. I still like Cruz but I'm really liking Carson and Fiorina more and more.

There's certainly room and time for Trump to fall, but he's rewriting the book on elections. It sure is fun to watch!

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not so sure. We have a long ways to go and I heard some polling stats yesterday that said of all the people polled in favor of Trump (in whatever poll this was), that 63% were open to changing their vote. I could be in that 63% too, except I'm not planning on voting for Trump. But in the end I might, but he's not my 1st choice but if it comes down to him being the only one that can win over the commie challenger, I'll take him at his word. I'm not thinking that he'll play well if he pulls an Obama and backtracks on everything he says he's going to do and the public calls him on it. I'm also wondering if Cruz, Rubio and Paul would better serve us by retaining their senate seats. I still like Cruz but I'm really liking Carson and Fiorina more and more.

There's certainly room and time for Trump to fall, but he's rewriting the book on elections. It sure is fun to watch!

Let's say we wind up with some form of a Trump/Carson/Fiorina ticket. What do you think the odds are that they'd be successful in delivering us from institutionalized Beltway BS? I'm not so concerned that they'd go back on their word as I am that they'd find themselves running headlong into a brick wall. The power elite aren't going to give up their power willingly.

If they succeed in breaking the good ole boy political system and win, they'd better be recruiting the most cunning and ruthless political operative that are willing to cross over to the light. The biggest threat won't be from rogue nations or terrorist groups, it will be from entrenched political kingpins and their bureaucratic minions. :(

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Let's say we wind up with some form of a Trump/Carson/Fiorina ticket. What do you think the odds are that they'd be successful in delivering us from institutionalized Beltway BS? I'm not so concerned that they'd go back on their word as I am that they'd find themselves running headlong into a brick wall. The power elite aren't going to give up their power willingly.

If they succeed in breaking the good ole boy political system and win, they'd better be recruiting the most cunning and ruthless political operative that are willing to cross over to the light. The biggest threat won't be from rogue nations or terrorist groups, it will be from entrenched political kingpins and their bureaucratic minions. :(

You're exactly correct. That's why I'm still leaning Cruz. He has proven himself in standing up to them and I would think he'd convey the message clearly that Boehner and McConnell have just got to go from their leadership positions. I can also see Carson and Fiorina taking that position later on in the race, but right now for them it's mostly letting everyone know what they are about in a general sense. That'll change at some point and we'll see where they land.

Trump has tapped into a sunami of public disdain, I hope that they are standing by to pick it up when he stumbles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Defnestor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Let's say we wind up with some form of a Trump/Carson/Fiorina ticket. What do you think the odds are that they'd be successful in delivering us from institutionalized Beltway BS? I'm not so concerned that they'd go back on their word as I am that they'd find themselves running headlong into a brick wall. The power elite aren't going to give up their power willingly.(

Oh, I don't have any expectation of actual change, and certainly none for improvement, but it would be more entertaining. If this country can swing a Republican president, house, and senate all at the same time, it should peel the scales off some eyes when NOTHING gets done. Just like king osama couldn't ban guns and raise taxes on the rich to 110% in his first two years with a (D) house and senate, woke up so many libs who were merely not paying attention (rather than actively evil).

Latest posts

Top Bottom