Trump Vs Tillerson IQ Tests

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree with you true intelligence is difficult to quantify, much like intuition......both can make you successful.

My niece is 2 credit hours away from a PHD, and can't boil water without burning it.
Can't make it past a job interview, so I guess they will have to make her a professor to dumb down the generation coming up behind her.
I love her to death and helped raise her from pre teen years, but some people just can't acquire common sense.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm of the opinion that a high degree of common sense is more valuable than a high IQ. I know it is true with employees that I have hired over the years. The rare person has both strong common sense and a high IQ.

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm of the opinion that a high degree of common sense is more valuable than a high IQ. I know it is true with employees that I have hired over the years. The rare person has both strong common sense and a high IQ.

Personally, I found the best employees combined above average intelligence, common sense, ability to understand concepts, excellent memory, mechanical ability, excellent communication skill, sense of duty (professionalism), dependability (show up when scheduled and when needed), ability to prioritize, ability to calmly take independent action, endurance, sense of humor, emotional control, and a trustworthy nature. The only true genius I know is my youngest brother based on IQ and eduction (Theoretical Physicist) but he needs to work pretty much alone and isn’t too great with people. It’s hard to put together a great team, but once you do, you better take care of them. In the last ten years or so I found that the women (young and middle aged) were outperforming the men. Young fellows are the worst. They don’t show up, or they need to leave, or whatever....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Personally, I found the best employees combined above average intelligence, common sense, ability to understand concepts, excellent memory, mechanical ability, excellent communication skill, sense of duty (professionalism), dependability (show up when scheduled and when needed), ability to prioritize, ability to calmly take independent action, endurance, sense of humor, emotional control, and a trustworthy nature. The only true genius I know is my youngest brother based on IQ and eduction (Theoretical Physicist) but he needs to work pretty much alone and isn’t too great with people. It’s hard to put together a great team, but once you do, you better take care of them. In the last ten years or so I found that the women (young and middle aged) were outperforming the men. Young fellows are the worst. They don’t show up, or they need to leave, or whatever....

I’ll take intuitive and strong work ethic over those with ultra high IQ’s , they simply can’t relate to co workers well. They aren’t easy to work with, or deal with in general.

A good example would be genius level IQ’s make terrible Fathers, I speak from personal experience.

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ll take intuitive and strong work ethic over those with ultra high IQ’s , they simply can’t relate to co workers well. They aren’t easy to work with, or deal with in general.

A good example would be genius level IQ’s make terrible Fathers, I speak from personal experience.

EMPLOYEE SELECTION AND MANAGEMENT ( Opinions)
The evolutionary principle that ‘structure follows function’ might intuitively suggest that you can modify a person’s characteristics (behavior, character, and intellect) to fit the job (unimportant for simple task oriented functions) but in science, technology, engineering, medicine, eduction, law enforcement, law, aviation, and the modern military etc the problem is to find a person who fits the puzzle. Personnel Resources Departments use supposedly objective criteria that can exclude the best possible job candidates from an interview by a manager. Expediency should NOT be the first priority in searching for new staff.
Over the years I began the process of scheduling interviews so that candidates were left with department staff for a while. After the interview, I considered the group’s impressions (as well as the candidate’s impressions of the group) along with my own before hiring.
Modern education (in my opinion) is no longer providing students ready to assume the rolls waiting to be filled. Emphasis on collaboration, teamwork, sensitivity to who knows what?, and of course ability to follow directions for the purpose of behavior control rather than academics; but lost is emphasis on hard corps academics such reading comprehension, writing, mathematical skills, sciences, history, citizenship with pride in country, and physical education. Gifted children often get better academic preparation, though. Primary school teachers now often indoctrinate children into political ideology, rather than the political process in preparation for Secondary Education where this process is completed. Innovation, creativity and individualism are suppressed.

The result is that the majority of job candidates can do well with specific tasks where performance expectations are clear, but function poorly if faced with new problems, crises or emergencies. People whose development into maturity in backgrounds like farming, ranching, or in primitive non-urban environments seem to think and function more effectively in complex job rolls (opinion only). Overall, an intelligent, versatile individual that CAN work as a part of a team functions more effectively than a person who CAN ONLY function as part of a team. I always allowed latitude for different personalities and for disagreements without my interference, whenever possible. People usually sort things out themselves, and when they don’t the group usually exerts a positive influence. This works well as long as things are kept private in the department and operations are not affected.
The last thing I want to say is, give people chances to make critical decisions and be there to advise when needed. Also, pick the best candidate to take your place, give them the authority to do the job when you are absent, and they will be able to take over if you are gone. You will sleep better, too. My first real civilian boss once said, “If your people can’t function when you aren’t there, you are doing something wrong.”
( The observations and opinions of a 70 yr old man).

Latest posts

Top Bottom