Trump Vs Tillerson IQ Tests

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IQ tests aren't reliable predictors of intelligence.
Reliable and valid intelligence tests do exist, represent relatively stable variance and individual differences in several aspects of intelligence, and they predict a wide range of important life outcomes. Scientists that study intelligence have made a lot of progress in the last decade in determining how much of intelligence is genetic/heritable, and how much is environmental (shared and unshared environment).

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Reliable and valid intelligence tests do exist, represent relatively stable variance and individual differences in several aspects of intelligence, and they predict a wide range of important life outcomes. Scientists that study intelligence have made a lot of progress in the last decade in determining how much of intelligence is genetic/heritable, and how much is environmental (shared and unshared environment).

That's interesting, i didn't know that. My understanding of IQ tests was that it was not a very good indicator of intelligence and had the same drawbacks as other tests.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I do believe this statement by YukonGlocker. That test is called "Living Real Life" it is a life long test.

Some people do well, some not so well. It still has some flaws, but much of it is determined by personal choices and decisions.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's interesting, i didn't know that. My understanding of IQ tests was that it was not a very good indicator of intelligence and had the same drawbacks as other tests.
To be clear, many "IQ" tests are worthless. In the end, it really depends on what one means by "intelligence".

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do believe this statement by YukonGlocker. That test is called "Living Real Life" it is a life long test.

Some people do well, some not so well. It still has some flaws, but much of it is determined by personal choices and decisions.
Yes, a leading intelligence researcher (one of my advisors in grad school) summed this up by saying "life is an IQ test"!

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The current "IQ Theory" is just catching up to empirical tests other than the tradition "academic IQ Test" and is beginning to explain why some empirical tests work well at predicting inherent capability and good chance of success. For example, the USAF has long used an empirical "Pilot Aptitude Test" that has a collection of questions that cover a wide gamut, and the "right" answers are merely those that most successful pilots gave. When I entered, they were desperately short of people that could learn foreign languages so I was sent through the language aptitude test and got a dismal score of 38%, which reflects the huge effort I had to expend to get B or C in college language classes. Fortunately for me, my Aptitude Scores in my chosen and related fields were 95%.
There are a dozen or so "types of intelligence aptitudes" many of which require early and extensive education to realize fully, some of which require maturity and time. This also relates to how individuals learn and effective teaching methods.

Last edited:

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If
Damn, I hope this happens

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ate-calls-him-a-moron/?utm_term=.b053378b16df

Trump proposes ‘IQ tests’ faceoff with Tillerson after secretary of state calls him a ‘moron’
interview with Forbes magazine published Tuesday, Trump fired a shot at Tillerson over the “moron” revelation, first reported by NBC News and confirmed by several other news organizations, including The Washington Post.

“I think it's fake news,” Trump said, “but if he did that, I guess we'll have to compare IQ tests. And I can tell you who is going to win.”

Trump met for lunch Tuesday with Tillerson and Defense Secretary Jim Mattis in the president's private dining room at the White House. Shortly before the lunch, a reporter asked Trump whether he had undercut Tillerson with his comments to Forbes.

“No, I didn't undercut anybody. I don't believe in undercutting people,” Trump said during a brief media appearance in the Oval Office, as he sat beside former secretary of state Henry Kissinger during a meeting to discuss foreign affairs.

When a reporter asked Trump whether he has confidence in Tillerson as his secretary of state, the president replied, “Yes.”

White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders later said that Trump's “IQ tests” comment to Forbes was “a joke and nothing more than that.”

“The president certainly never implied that the secretary of state was not incredibly intelligent,” Sanders said in Tuesday afternoon's news briefing. She added that Trump has "100 percent confidence” in Tillerson, characterized their lunch as “a great visit” and admonished reporters for taking the president's comment so seriously. “Maybe you guys should get a sense of humor and try it sometime,” Sanders said.

Trump's “IQ tests” challenge is the latest evidence of what White House officials have described as a breach of trust between the president and the secretary of state.

[‘Death spiral’: Tillerson makes nice but may not last long with Trump]

Reporters asked Trump over the weekend about his relationship with Tillerson.

“We have a very good relationship,” Trump said Saturday. “We disagree on a couple of things. Sometimes I'd like him to be a little bit tougher. But other than that, we have a very good relationship.”

Play Video 1:04

Trump comments on his relationships with Tillerson, Kelly

President Trump said Oct. 7 that he has a good relationship with Secretary of State Rex Tillerson. Trump also said his White House Chief of Staff John Kelly is "one of the best people" he has ever worked with. (Reuters)

In the Forbes interview, for the magazine's cover story under the headline “Inside Trump's Head,” the president teases upcoming economic-development legislation “nobody knows about” that would penalize companies that move operations overseas, and offer incentives for those that stay in the United States.

Trump previewed what he called “an economic-development bill, which I think will be fantastic. Which nobody knows about. Which you are hearing about for the first time.” The president said the policy is “both a carrot and a stick.”

Trump also told Forbes that he has purposefully not filled many jobs throughout the federal government, including at the State Department, where many of the top positions remain vacant.

“I'm generally not going to make a lot of the appointments that would normally be — because you don't need them,” Trump said. “I mean, you look at some of these agencies, how massive they are, and it's totally unnecessary. They have hundreds of thousands of people.”
A leader doesn’t have to be a genius if he seeks good advice and correctly applies logic and justice in making his decisions. In fact, geniuses may be deceptive, playing with politics, public opinion and exercising power to achieve secret, even diabolical goals. Ex. Hillary Clinton. I hope you are backing our Chief Executive and that you aren’t one of the yapping dogs that are nipping at his heals. Reporters and Journalists who have an agenda to keep are NOT Reporters. They are really Editorialists, or they are merely functionaries of Editorialists whose motivations and allegiances may lead back to dark rooms and plotting Leftist Strategists. Today’s political scene appears like it’s being manipulated by someone using Saul Linsky for a play book. It’s just too coincidental.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom