Trust Lawyers in Tulsa

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

t_towner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you buy a NFA item at Sportsworld they write the trust for you, no charge.

Can someone who's looked at this trust verify that it's written properly? I asked for a copy so I could have an atty review but they said I had to pay and start the process first. I'd just like to verify its written properly to address most issues (although I don't understand all the "issues" yet.)

Sometimes you get what you pay for and "free" is somewhat concerning. Especially when mixed w NFA and potentially very expensive NFA items.

Thoughts?

sky428

T2 Armory
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry for the delayed response for price ranges. I talked with Karen Carmichael from tulsawillsandtrusts.com. 918-493-4939. They worked on a very detailed trust for me that I use for my whole collection. It keeps both my NFA and non NFA items on separate schedules. It allows me to gain the benefits and protections of the trust when I am gone and my children inherit my collection. I do not feel comfortable listing a price because it will vary depending on the needs of the individual. My trust was more involved than most and was on the higher end of the range but worth every penny. If you are just acquiring a cheap 22 suppressor or SBR then a short simple trust could work and would not cost much. If you are investing a substantial amount of funds into machine guns for beneficiaries then you want a better trust that is customized to your needs so you protect your investment and family. Karen can work with you to give you an idea for pricing of a trust that will fit your needs.

Torch Red Tulsan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I bookmarked this thread. Not sure what her holiday schedule is like, but when I talk to her and assuming she doesn't object to me sharing the information, I'll pm you and let you know the details of what my trust would entail and the price. Because I couldn't get a recommended lawyer, I tried to find pricing info online earlier this year to no avail.

murphy j

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can someone who's looked at this trust verify that it's written properly? I asked for a copy so I could have an atty review but they said I had to pay and start the process first. I'd just like to verify its written properly to address most issues (although I don't understand all the "issues" yet.)

Sometimes you get what you pay for and "free" is somewhat concerning. Especially when mixed w NFA and potentially very expensive NFA items.

Thoughts?

I purchased my SBR through SportsWorld using the trust they provide. I was told that it was prepared by an attorney for them to use for their customers. The ATF approved my SBR and I currently am awaiting approval on a suppressor using the same trust. I was told they have had no problems with the trust.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I purchased my SBR through SportsWorld using the trust they provide. I was told that it was prepared by an attorney for them to use for their customers. The ATF approved my SBR and I currently am awaiting approval on a suppressor using the same trust. I was told they have had no problems with the trust.

A lot of "I was told". And by salespeople, at that. No offense. I think I'll have one drawn up for me.

murphy j

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A lot of "I was told". And by salespeople, at that. No offense. I think I'll have one drawn up for me.

I should clarify that it was the owner/class III license holder who said, "We have a trust that was prepared for us by our lawyer." I don't always choose the most appropriate way of wording things to convey my message. My wife and my sister-in-law own their own law firm and they seemed to think it looked pretty good, but also admitted that they haven't done much trust work. I'm comfortable with what I have and am only trying to be helpful with my experience and information.

Latest posts

Top Bottom