Trustworthy Brands

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoundMind

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thinking about buying bulk online in 9mm... just standard range stuff, nothing too fancy... I know I can always trust Remington and Winchester... but what about some of the other brands... what brands rank up higher... what should be avoided... I'd rather pay a little more for quality... than sacrifice quality for quantity...

Sellier & Belloit, Federal, American Eagle, Speer, Corbon, Magtech, CCI, Wolf, Fiocchi... any decent brands I'm missing here...

I'm fairly new in the handgun market and I'd hate to buy 1000 rounds of bad ammo if I can avoid it...

Anyone have in good or bad experience with any of these?

adluginb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I shoot a lot of brown bear for range ammo. Cheap and works great and not as dirty as Wolf. You can however get the federal range ammo(brass cased) at Walmart I think the cheapest now.

Keyser328

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've shot various types of ammo without issue, usually wally world or academy sold stuff. The only thing I'm "careful" about is cleaning when swapping between brass and steel/aluminum cased stuff, just to make sure things don't get weird.

Federal and CCI are pretty main stream, well known makers.

Speer has been in the market for ages. Both Speer and Corbon are well known for their defense rounds.

Wolf is a cheaper off brand, but most people shoot it without issue as far as i know.

Fiocchi is Italian made if I recall. I've shot it, again, zero issue. Monarch is another 'house' brand I've shot without problems. I've also bought PMC in blister packs and no problems.

Hell, I really haven't had ammo problems at all, now that I think about it.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
almost depends on where you shoot. IF you are shooting on your land and want good cheap ammo and don't reload..then what you can get cheapest..brown bear, but there may be some brass cased near in price.

If you are shooting at an indoor range, then the brown bear I have won't pass a magnet test, so no h&h shooting.

SoundMind

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses guys... good stuff to know...

Sounds like most of it works pretty well... I just see a lot of unfamiliar names at the gun shows and the online stores... wanna make sure I'm getting the good stuff! Thanks

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would look into Atlanta Arms they are a commercial reloader, but their quality is second to none, for about the same price as brown bear. They are also the main ammo supplier to the Army Marksmanship unit at Ft. Benning for pistol ammo. Can't go wrong there! KurtM

Hoss

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would look into Atlanta Arms they are a commercial reloader, but their quality is second to none, for about the same price as brown bear. They are also the main ammo supplier to the Army Marksmanship unit at Ft. Benning for pistol ammo. Can't go wrong there! KurtM

Where do you buy Atlanta Arms ammo at? I just looked on their website and could find any prices.

Latest posts

Top Bottom