What’s the catch with 84 months 0% APR?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Preacherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a hospital bill from surgery and they will give me a 15% cash discount to pay it off. That or 0% until paid off. Seems like a no brainer to me. That is of course if I invest the money I'd use to pay off the bill. Either way I choose 0%.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I have a hospital bill from surgery and they will give me a 15% cash discount to pay it off. That or 0% until paid off. Seems like a no brainer to me. That is of course if I invest the money I'd use to pay off the bill. Either way I choose 0%.
Depends on the amount and amount of time they give you at 0%.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
There's always a catch when financing.
Pay cash and avoid the debt would be my advice.
But Clay, it’s only 0% and you can make so much more investing the cash you have. Or so the math says until you find yourself in debt with those minimum 0% payments you wish you didn’t have. A lot of people work it so it’s fine. Others, not so much.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
But Clay, it’s only 0% and you can make so much more investing the cash you have. Or so the math says until you find yourself in debt with those minimum 0% payments you wish you didn’t have. A lot of people work it so it’s fine. Others, not so much.
And if God forbid your unable to work from an accident or health issue, and make those strapping debt payments. This is very very common.
No one factors in the risk and the risk is 100%

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow! "No one factors in the risk" of getting a 0% loan? That's just amazing.

🙄
That 0% will revert to 20% or higher if your 1 day late paying the balance.
That is usually in the fine print, and they charge deferred interest back to day 1.
Why does anyone need a loan, it just means your too broke to buy something you want...
The borrower is a slave to the lender.

Latest posts

Top Bottom