1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Tucker Gunleather?

Discussion in 'Gear Talk' started by druryj, Apr 16, 2018.

1. druryj

druryj Devil Dog; Para Frog Staff Member

Moderator Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Do any of you have any gear from Tucker gunleather, out of Texas? I think he has partnered with this guy Charles Byrd, and they sell a lot on amazon.com now. If you have done business with Tucker or Tucker and Byrd, please let me know what you think.

2. sedona

sedona Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I have some suspenders and a belt I bought from them 2 years ago at wananmacher, but no holsters.The suspenders will probably outlast me.The belt is a little above average quality.

3. Rob Longenecker

Rob Longenecker New to the site!

I've known Tucker since 1980 and have sold his gear for many years at www.tuckergunleather.com
    We also work with Tucker and Byrd. Both are friends and business buddies.
    Contact me if you like. I know all of the history.
    Rob Longenecker
    rob@tuckergunleather.com

HF1 and bootsMed 02-24-18.jpg

4. bigred1

bigred1 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Is Tucker of Tucker gunleather the same fella as the one with Tucker and Byrd?

5. druryj

Moderator Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I think this is the case. Maybe our new member, Rob Longenecker, will confirm it? I have a mag pouch from T&B out for delivery now for my G29 that I should be receiving in the next day or so. I like the cant to it, that's somewhat different.

6. bigred1

bigred1 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I have a holster, belt and the canted mag holder that your speaking of also. Mine came from the Tucker Gunleather site so I can't speak for the leather works coming from Amazon. Having a bad shoulder the position of the mag holder aids me greatly in not putting such a strain on my rotator cuff while drawing the magazine smoothly and efficiently. The quality of work on my rig is outstanding and Rob is top notch to work with .

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
  7. druryj

Moderator Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    My G29 mag pouch from Tucker&Byrd came today. Here it is with a UBG Pancake Holster and a TT Gunleather XC Slim IWB Holster.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Rob Longenecker

Rob Longenecker New to the site!

Yes, he is the same. Tucker and I connected in 1980. He connected with Byrd more recently. All is well.

9. druryj

Moderator Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I wore the Tucker & Byrd mag pouch opposite my G29 in a TT Gunleather IWB Holster today, all day. It matched up well. It would look good along with my UBG Pancake Holster too, as seen here. [​IMG]The pouch is canted slightly to the rear, making it very easy to grip and pull the mag free, yet it does provide good retention. I wore it straddling a belt loop at 9:00, being a RH Shooter. The pouch is well made and shows a good quality of construction. I’m very happy with it and recommend this product to anyone in need of a good piece of EDC gear that is often overlooked. I consider carrying a spare mag essential, and just dropping it in the pocket doesn’t work as well as carrying it in a well-thought out and well-made mag pouch. In the [​IMG]pics below, there is a G43 mag in a Desantis mag pouch on the far left, a G19 mag in a Looper Leather mag pouch in the middle, and a G29 mag in the T&B Pouch on the far right. Note the way the T&B pouch is canted slightly to the rear while the others are vertical. Also, being a pancake style brings the T&B pouch in closer to the body than the having the loop and a snap on the rear like the [​IMG]other two shown, but it does take up more space on the belt. Still, I like it very much. Price wise, you can get the T&B for about the same price as the mass produced ones like the one from Desantis or other similar ones. It took less than 3 weeks from placing my order to getting it in my mailbox. [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jwryan84 likes this.