Tulsa Arby’s slaying

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I didn’t hear about this, but it made national news.

Arby's manager kills man who spat on her, police say
Fox News30 mins ago
Deionna-Young.jpg

Deionna Young, 25, allegedly killed a man after getting into an altercation at an Arby's restaurant. (Tulsa County Jail)

An Oklahoma Arby’s manager has been arrested after shooting and killing a customer she had gotten into an argument with, police say.

Deionna Young, 25, is facing a first-degree murder charge stemming from the alleged incident that unfolded Saturday in Tulsa.

Police told Fox News that Desean Tallent, the deceased 25-year-old, threatened and spat on Young before leaving the store. They did not elaborate on what caused the dispute.

One hour later, they say, Tallent returned to the store and Young got in her car and followed him out of the parking lot.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

Young, who reportedly was in possession of a .45 caliber handgun without a license, then shot at Tallent’s SUV one time and struck him in the torso, police said. Tallent later crashed the car into the entrance of a Walmart and was pronounced dead at a local hospital. Young reportedly went back to work.

She is now being held without bond at Tulsa County Jail.

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess I make a distinction between permits and licenses. But your state does use the word license. Missouri also always had a more lenient position on carrying in a vehicle before we had what most call constitutional carry.

Also, not condoning what she did. That's pit bull behavior right there. :tounge:

CGS1

I'm Retired, Do It Yourself.
Special Hen
Reaction score
https://www.krmg.com/news/local/arr...to-east-tulsa-walmart/L5goKradnZ9ZWpGuvVFzcP/

TULSA, Okla -

Quick Facts:

• Tulsa police responded to a wreck at the Wal-Mart near 31st and Garnett Saturday just before 8 p.m.
  • Desean Tallent had been shot and crashed his SUV into the store.
  • Tallent later died.
  • Deionna Young was arrested Monday in connection to the shooting.
  • Young was arrested and booked on a charge of first-degree murder.

Police made an arrest Monday in connection to a deadly shooting in east Tulsa.

Officers arrested 25-year-old Deionna Young on a charge of first-degree murder for the death of 25-year-old Desean Tallent.

Tulsa police responded to a car crash near 31st and Garnett around 8 p.m. Saturday where they found Tallent had been shot. He was taken to the hospital and died shortly after.

READ MORE: Man dead after being shot, running car into east Tulsa Walmart

After the incident, detectives say they learned Tallent had been involved in an altercation at the Arby's restaurant near 41st and Garnett about an hour prior to the crash. Police say Tallent allegedly threatened Deionna Young -- the restaurant's manager -- and spit on her.

Police say Tallent returned to the Arby's about an hour later and Young got in her car and followed him.

“We are currently conducting a comprehensive internal investigation into this incident. Additionally, we are fully cooperating with local authorities and will continue to offer support however we can. As this is an ongoing investigation, we ask that all further media inquiries are directed to the Tulsa Police Department.” - Arby's

Detectives say Young fired her gun at Tallent's SUV one time and returned to work. Tallent was hit by the bullet and crashed into the front of the Walmart Neighborhood Market at 31st and Garnett -- and later died.

Detectives credit video, the assault report, and a Crime Stoppers tip about two cars racing in the area to help piece together what happened.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man I ate at Arby's for lunch. If I would have seen this article earlier today. I still would have eaten there. I honestly feel sorry for businesses that have to go into rough parts of town. This kind of crap happens and its a #$% storm for them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom