Tulsa Gun Club - uh oh

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TBM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't know if this has been posted, but I got this email today:

PISTOL RANGE IS CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

This email hereby gives all members of the Tulsa Gun Club that until further notice the PISTOL RANGE SHALL REMAIN CLOSED TO ALL SHOOTING ACTIVITIES.

The reason that the Board of Directors has taken this step is to protect the overall continued integrity of our shooting privileges’. On October 5, 2010 I received notice from the Commander of the 138th Fighter Wing that they have found eight .45 and 9mm rounds on the Federally protected Air National Guard base located ½ mile south of your facility. We cannot risk the loss of our overall use of the facilities because the carelessness of one or more pistol shooters who cannot place rounds in the berm. A copy of the letter received will be posted at the Club and on the TulsaGunClub.com website.

Further action will be taken at the Board of Director’s Meeting to take place October 12, 2010 at 6:30 at the Tulsa Gun Club. All members are encouraged to come to this meeting.

Matthew E. Riggin
Thanks,

The Tulsa Gun Club
918-272-0262
Shoot Safe, Shoot Well !

+++++
Bad news...hope we can figure something out to fix it.

Honeybee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I almost didn't renew this year, I know I won't renew next year.

Never understood why they pointed the pistol range towards the airport anyway, They could have pointed the archery range towards the airport and the pistol range West, where there is nothing to hit but empty fields

oneof79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wonder just how far a 45 slug will travel? Shot say at a 45 degree angle.
Or a 9mm shot at the same. Both out of
A 5 inch barrell.

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wonder just how far a 45 slug will travel? Shot say at a 45 degree angle.
Or a 9mm shot at the same. Both out of
A 5 inch barrell.

Maximum range depends upon muzzle velocity, barrel elevation, and bullet design. In a vacuum a firearm would achieve its absolute maximum range at an elevation of 45°. However, with typical small arms projectiles the effect of air resistance is so great that maximum range is usually obtained at a departure angle of between 29° and 35°. Here is some data for the cartridges you asked about.

9 mm +P (124gr) - 1930yds (1.09 miles)
45ACP +P (230gr) - 1650yds (0.93 miles)

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wonder what this will mean for the sheriff's office. We do our qualifications there.

LE qual's are done under an instructor, so supervision is present on the firing line. I'd assume that SO will continue to have range open to their needs. TGC should not be able to tell SO if they can use the range or not. Anyway, time will tell.

Latest posts

Top Bottom