Tulsa Liquor Store gun fight Mom daughter duo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Caliber is irrelevant. Those ladies are clearly lacking in firearms training.

Ever been the victim of an armed robbery? Many years ago, while I was in college, I worked the night shift at a Holiday Inn. Gentleman came in, walked up to the desk and put a revolver, turned out to be a 38, in my face. I don't believe I could have hit the wall if I had attempted to open up on him. That hole looked like a cannon!

Those ladies did fine!

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ever been the victim of an armed robbery? Many years ago, while I was in college, I worked the night shift at a Holiday Inn. Gentleman came in, walked up to the desk and put a revolver, turned out to be a 38, in my face. I don't believe I could have hit the wall if I had attempted to open up on him. That hole looked like a cannon!

Those ladies did fine!
As far as the ladies did fine, I'm not gonna agree with that. Pretty sure the first two shots the mother took she dropped her head and wasn't even looking at the guy.

The daughter didnt even look like she was trying to use the sights. She fired at the guy when he was throwing the mother around like a rag doll. Watching it, I could have swore she hit her mother.

I will say things did turn out fine, because **** could have turned out a whole lot worse than it did. I'm glad they are safe, but were I an instructor, Id use that incident as a "what not to do"

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
357 mag doesn't have anything to do with Hollywood special effects. It is what it is. A devastating round.
It is but there isn’t a round that is gonna knock someone down like in a movie. If a .357 had enough power to knock down the one being shot then the shooter would be knocked down too. Simple physics. A 9mm can be a devastating round. Heck so can a .22 if placed in the right spot.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It is but there isn’t a round that is gonna knock someone down like in a movie. If a .357 had enough power to knock down the one being shot then the shooter would be knocked down too. Simple physics. A 9mm can be a devastating round. Heck so can a .22 if placed in the right spot.
Tony, I clarified that post by saying that what I meant to say was if he was hit in the shoulder which he wasn't ( my mistake)then it should have at least kept him from moving forward and slapping the woman around. I was later corrected and admitted that I was incorrect. I appreciate you helping straighten me out though.

Last edited:

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Those ladies did fine!

No, but I stayed in a Holiday Inn once.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tony, I clarified that post by saying that what I meant to say was if he was hit in the shoulder which he wasn't ( my mistake)then it should have at least kept him from moving forward and slapping the woman around. I was later corrected and admitted that I was incorrect. I appreciate you helping straighten me out though.
Wasn’t trying to sound like a rear. Sorry if it came off that way.

Latest posts

Top Bottom