Fishing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
kids lake at britton road and hefner parkway is a decent option. its been a couple of years since i fished it, but we usually catch fish when we go. i usually caught more panfish, crappie and channel cat there than bass, but it definitely has bass. the west side of the lake sees less pressure.
Is that the one that is by Quail Creek behind the baseball field?

AER244

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is that the one that is by Quail Creek behind the baseball field?
Yeah, It’s a mile south of Quail Creek. The lake starts about 500yds south of the baseballs fields and runs all the way to wilshire rd. I grew up 200yds from that lake. It was a killer fishery before the city/state put it in the close to home fishing waters. It’s still a good lake though.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not that I'm aware of. Everything is pretty much live on the link and updated during the day.
I know that there are phone numbers for COE in Missouri and Arkansas that will tell the next day's releases but have never found one for Kaw.
Speaking of Kaw, took the 4 wheeler down on the sand bars below the dam a few miles to look for some holes to fish. Finally found the spot and tossed out some salted shrimp. Got a bite within a minute and landed a 12" channel cat. Perfect pond stocker. That's what I was after.
Got another bite on the next throw, missed it and on the retrieve hung into something huge.
Played it for a few minutes before getting it back to the bank.
Hooked about a 3lb carp in the top dorsal fin. Released him but kept the channel cat to take to the farm pond today when I sprayed.
I have a pic of the carp if anyone hasn't see one, LOL.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would be interested in seeing what a carp looks like. 🤷
Looks just like a carp with my ugly mug in it. LOL! Maybe a buffalo? Pretty silver color.
IMG_3065.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom