Tulsa Raceway park shutting down

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dowmace

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
It was lost long before CW.The Big John era was the end for me.Big John knew all the "big time" street racers in the area as well as their setups.He was the man.Wooten was entertaining,and I agree since he passed no one has been a suitable replacement.

I will agree with that Big John definately was one of the great announcers. I never was of age to race when he was announcing, so what I remember from the midnights is Wooten.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I remember Wooten too he was announcing when i was racing my 86 mustang. After I sold it i run my 87 silverado and I'd race other trucks just for fun. He gave me all sorts of hell for that,called me farmer john lol.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Well here is the latest I've heard,Rich Nordholm says that the quarry company intends to use the tower for offices immediately so it looks like drag racing at TRP is done.

Electrician Mike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Too many rumors and mis-information floating around right now. Will just have to wait and see what happens.
I did hear today that all the surrounding business's and land owners are joining forces to try and stop it from becoming a mining site.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Too many rumors and mis-information floating around right now. Will just have to wait and see what happens.
I did hear today that all the surrounding business's and land owners are joining forces to try and stop it from becoming a mining site.

That's interesting, that would involve the court system.litigation could take years.EM,you're right about rumors,it's not over till we see the TRP sign coming down.

Latest posts

Top Bottom