Turkey Vest

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bowhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't post much but let me tell you what! I finally broke down and bought a turkey vest. I've been using a cheap 3 pocket, shotgun shell bag for 10 years now. I've lost several calls over the years so I broke down and bought a turkey vest from Cabelas. Wish I would have started hunting with one a long time ago! It's AMAZING how nice it is for back support and comfort! If you don't have one, I promise you won't regret getting one. I liked one basspro had but it had horrible reviews for durability (as all things redhead brand). Here's the one I got. If it just lasts 2 seasons it will be worth the money!

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabe...=turkey+vest&WTz_l=Header;Search-All+Products

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is nothing I love more than a good turkey vest. There are so many things you might need while turkey hunting, it takes a well thought out vest to handle it all well. I bought the original Tactical Tatr 5 or 6 years ago and have been pretty happy with it. The things that I did not like about appear to have been corrected in the Tatr2. The original does not have an attached game bag, which is absolutely retarded, so there isn't a good place to throw my dekes. I can still get them between the seat and vest, but it really needs a bag. Other than that, they have one of the most comfortable seat pads I have used. Hope you enjoy yours and get to kill a big turkey while using it!

Bowhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks roos7a. You aren't missing anything on the attached game bag. All I can fit in it is a crappy foam hen and half a funky chicken. You pretty much have to take the vest off to get them in and out. But everything else is incredible!

Latest posts

Top Bottom