two piece M4 handguard recommendation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cole2534

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm a bit of a KAC fan-boy...I mean loyalist...but regarding the price of KAC gear; KAC engages in a colossal amount of R&D efforts and as a result has been the first to manufacture a lot of what we now see produced and 'copied' in one way or another by other companies.

Accordingly, they have also produced and delivered an astounding number of rail systems and accessories for the US Gov't. The overhead required to support such activities is certainly going to factor into pricing. It's a lot cheaper to tweak another's design and bring it to market. Keep in mind that KAC introduced the 300m BUIS in '95 and the RAS in '98. Troy, DD, and many others didn't exist at the time, and they are still not as diverse as KAC.

I'm not saying that KAC isn't taking their stuff to the bank, but there is something else involved in pricing besides their brand positioning.

It also looks waaaayyy better than the competition!
:D
And the integrated front site is titz.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have the DD Omega and couldn't be happier. 8 oz for a rock solid drop in free float rail system that installs with no modifications in minutes is just crazy. Well worth the cost IMO.

Troy also makes excellent gear.