Tx/OSU....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lots of What Ifs about the game but the bottom line is the OSU defense didn't stop them on 4th down and take possession of th ball.

One of the few criticisms I have of the spread offense that seems so popular these days is that it forces coaches to recruit a bus load of wide receivers to run the offense.
With a limited number of scholarships to offer, those receivers are recruited at the expense of adequate numbers of defensive players.

This season will feature lots of games with scores that resemble basketball scores more than football scores.

orangeRcode

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was amazed that O State didn't try for the touchdown instead of settling for the field goal on their next to last drive. They hadn't stopped Texas all night. Bad call by Gundy if you ask me.

I tend to agree. Gundy got very conservative and ran on 2nd and 3rd down when they should have tried something different. They hadn't slowed Tejas down, I believe there 3 down conversion rate was around 80%. Hard to win games like that unless your offense scores 70.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone feel OSU shoulda gave tx the td on that last drive with a minute left so they would have a minute to score?

That thought actually crossed my mind a time or two. However, as it turned out, the decision not to do so was right if the official had only been able to see that loose ball.

68mustang

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That thought actually crossed my mind a time or two. However, as it turned out, the decision not to do so was right if the official had only been able to see that loose ball.

Not necessarily, they got in on the 3rd down IIRC. They woulda just kicked the ball for a fg and won the game.

Latest posts

Top Bottom