U.S. conflict with Russia?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I tend to lean this way. Asscrackistan, Iraq, Egypt, Libya and Tunisia were hints as to what can happen. I've been reading some mid eastern and Israeli sites and the Israeli government can't seem to make up its mind. Israeli politicians were on board with removing Assad, but now they fear an Islamic government. It's pretty telling that even Israel is perplexed enough to remain mum on the subject.

If it were me I'd change the ROE and put about 30k ground troops in Iraq and Syria to deal with ISIS. I'd tell Putin to stay the hell out of the way or I'd deal with his forces too, he can deal with Syria's civil war after we we're done if he wished, but we were going to take care of business that affects us. Putin knows he can't hang with us unless they go to nukes. I'd tell Turkey to leave us and the Kurds alone, and yes we are going to use their base for a short time, it wouldn't take long. But Obama won't do a damn thing because he hasn't a clue. Putin owns him now...

That's what needs to happen, but as you pointed out, Obama isn't going to deal with the problem. Maybe Putin will.

CharlieMurphy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You people are talking like we have the upper hand over Russia and we don't. NATO might but not us alone. Nothing can match our military but Russia is the third largest holder of US bonds and supplies most of the oil and gas to Europe. We cannot afford another sustained conflict. If we have another economic downturn in the next year or so as I expect we will, would anyone support another trillion for war while millions here are trust into poverty.

onearmedman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One unintended engagement between RUS and US aircraft could lead to "Alas Babylon" real quick. Potus lacks the spine to engage, but when one of ours or theirs goes down, it will spiral way to fast for NCA to react and I just hope that the Navy has time to get their birds away from Tinker before a surprise SLBM attack takes it out.

onearmedman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
undefined_8627d491bcdc47fa9995e0bfd758a29cdf03e36a.jpg

onearmedman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://sputniknews.com/russia/20151005/1028017647/Combat-Readiness-Drills-Russia.html

What's that? I can't hear over the drum beats of war....

Conflict News ‏@Conflicts 5m5 minutes ago

NATO Secretary General calls Russia's airspace violations "unacceptable," calls on #Russia to avoid escalating tensions with NATO - @BNONews

Conflict News ‏@Conflicts 4m4 minutes ago

NATO chief convenes emergency council meeting over "unacceptable violations of Turkish airspace by #Russian combat aircraft" - @terischultz

onearmedman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Russian Orthodox Church supports Putin's 'holy war' in Syria to protect Christians
Hazel Torres
02 October 2015
Email Print Text Size Larger Smaller More Sharing Services Share

Reuters
Russia's President Vladimir Putin (right) and Patriarch of Moscow and All Russia Kirill attend a meeting with Russian Orthodox church bishops in Moscow in this Feb. 1, 2013 file photo provided by Ria Novosti.

Russia is waging a "holy war" in Syria to protect innocent Christians against the "tyranny of terrorism," the powerful Russian Orthodox Church declared in a statement on Wednesday as Russian warplanes began pounding targets in Syria.

"Russia took a responsible decision to use military forces to protect the Syrian people from the woes brought on by the tyranny of terrorists," Russian Orthodox Church's Patriarch Kirill said in an official statement.
ADVERTISEMENT

The Patriarch said Russia's armed intervention became necessary since "the political process has not led to any noticeable improvement in the lives of innocent people, and they need military protection."

Archpriest Vsevolod Chaplin, a spokesman for the Russian Orthodox Church, which has 150 million members worldwide, pointed out that President Vladimir Putin's decision to send Russian forces to Syria has the approval of parliament and is "consistent with international law, the mentality of our people and the role that our country has always played in the Middle East," the Interfax news agency said as reported by the International Business Times.

Chaplin said Russia cannot turn its back on Christians and other minority groups being wiped out by Islamic State militants and other extremist forces.

furlong222

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
the US backed rebels are Al Qaeda....anyone remember 9/11....I still don't understand how we could maneuver ourselves into supporting Al Qaeda....makes no sense.

but as far the Russian thing goes - just get out of their way, the more jihadists that meet their bevy of virgins the better. Muslims are our sworn enemy - to the death enemy - let Vlad do his thing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom