UN Arms Treaty

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pak-40

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey now, don't let things like "basic knowledge of how our government works" get in the way of a good tinfoilhat.

The Constitution provides that the president "shall have Power, by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, to make Treaties, provided two-thirds of the Senators present concur" (Article II, section 2).

There are 45 Rebublicans in the Senate. Even some of the 53 Dems would NEVER concur with this treaty. Its not going to happen. 66 senators would never vote for this.

BIG_MIKE2005

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Constitution provides that the president "shall have Power, by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, to make Treaties, provided two-thirds of the Senators present concur" (Article II, section 2).

There are 45 Rebublicans in the Senate. Even some of the 53 Dems would NEVER concur with this treaty. Its not going to happen. 66 senators would never vote for this.

Still disturbing he would even attempt it though.

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's like he could have NO OTHER MOTIVE for pushing an arms treaty other than to restrict gun rights in the US.

It couldn't be an honest attempt to keep guns out of the hands of baby-killing sectarian militias in the Third World. Oh no.

A former law professor is trying a plan that anyone with a copy of the Constitution and access to CNN.com could tell you won't work. That is what is happening right now!

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
An official at the U.S. mission said Washington's objectives have not changed.

"We seek a treaty that contributes to international security by fighting illicit arms trafficking and proliferation, protects the sovereign right of states to conduct legitimate arms trade, and meets the concerns that we have been articulating throughout," the official said.

"We will not accept any treaty that infringes on the constitutional rights of our citizens to bear arms," he said.

Everyone's up in arms... been hearing about this thing for over 5 years. It may all come down to nothing. Certainly not worth the skyrocketing prices Wanenmacher's is going to see this weekend...

Pokem807

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The point isn't whether or not the UN treaty is ratified, but rather that Obama is signaling his intentions. I think you'll see a shift in the Supreme Court which will set the stage for judicial activism (AKA legislating from the bench). How about executive orders? If you honestly think that our rights--not just 2A, by the way--will not be eroded in the next four years, then good luck with that. I hope that ya'll are right.

nemesis

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Who cares what the prices are.....I'll be there.

Who cares? Really? I care. I'm not going to bother with this one. I went to the show during the '08 election season. Total waste of time. Everybody was in a state of panic and the dealers behaved like czars. I kicked myself for a) not having gotten a FFL, b) buying a truckload of lowers, c) getting a table, etc.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
We may have to put up a sticky regarding this stupid UN treaty deal.

Between non related thread titles (like "prices went up" on a thread about the UN arms treaty!?!?)

...and people who aren't regular forum readers, it gets posted at least every other day.

Latest posts

Top Bottom