University of Colorado Segregates Students Based on Carry Permits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jarhead983

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I question how it can be separate but equal. I'm not sure about CU but in many colleges to be in a sorority or fraternity you have to live some or all of your time there in the chapters house or floor. How can you do both, live off campus and be in a Greek organisation? How is that equal? This decision should be shot down. Pun intended.

jcizzle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So should segregating fraternities and sorrorities? Is that what u r saying? Shoot down this segregation so you can keep the frat segregation? Some good points on here but I dont get this one.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fraternities are a bit different. The shared housing is a fundamental part of the organization's charter; the shared housing isn't a university requirement, it's the fraternity's requirement (or at least it was with mine). The "gun dorm" rule is being imposed on the student as a result of his individual decision, not his associative decision.

jarhead983

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So should segregating fraternities and sorrorities? Is that what u r saying? Shoot down this segregation so you can keep the frat segregation? Some good points on here but I dont get this one.
I apologize for being vague. I was trying to point out a situation where a student who carries may be restricted access to things other students may enjoy. As a general rule, Greek association has benefits in both percentage of graduation and in professional contacts after graduation. These may not be possible with the forced segregation.

Fraternities are a bit different. The shared housing is a fundamental part of the organization's charter; the shared housing isn't a university requirement, it's the fraternity's requirement (or at least it was with mine). The "gun dorm" rule is being imposed on the student as a result of his individual decision, not his associative decision.
w
Well stated.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really enjoyed the time I spent on the CU campus, but you have to ignore the politics. I think that the school is being extremely stupid by making a special gun dorm. Ensures that it will be open season on the sticks and stones dorms.

Latest posts

Top Bottom