Unknown Soldier honor guards getting new pistolas...Pretty neat!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gorgeous weapons, very fitting with all the references to what the guards represent and present to the public. The members of the honor guard are very dedicated to their job. I keep remembering that they have declined to leave their posts even for hurricanes.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Absolutely beautiful weapons. Extended mags too. I hope those 4 stay there and are passed down to the next guard as that part of history.
One place that is on my bucket list of travels is the tomb of the Unknown Soldier and to watch the ceremony live.

Free Trapper

Repeat Offender
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gorgeous weapons, very fitting with all the references to what the guards represent and present to the public. The members of the honor guard are very dedicated to their job. I keep remembering that they have declined to leave their posts even for hurricanes.
Terry,

Just happened to have a pic in my pic file for that.
Memorial.jpg

golddigger14s

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hope they get to keep the pistolas after they complete their duties at the Tomb, it would be fitting and then another group comes along and Sig makes them some...
That would be awesome, but not practical.
There are four soldiers on duty at one time, but their shifts are only 30 minutes to one hour. I could not find an exact number, but I will hazard at least 60 soldiers not including all the command, and support staff. These will be the only pistols at this time is my guess. Modern times we don't get to keep our guns like in the old days.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Very nice pistol. The finish reminds me of the old classic royal blue on a Colt Python.

I think they could have done better with the design of the holster. It looks more like a Yaqui CC design rather than something that should be worn with military dress uniform.

Latest posts

Top Bottom