Unmarked Ford Raptor makes traffic stop on 35

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kyle78

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
. They can do all that stuff they claim they are doing and then call for a marked patrol unit to make the stop. All across Oklahoma and the rest of the nation marked units do drug interdiction everyday and make big seizures. An unmarked police car isn't necessary for that type of work. How does it foster distrust? How is the average citizen supposed to know who's trying to pull them over when a pickup truck with some lights in their grill pulls up behind them?? Their are poser cops out there all the time and you can buy those lights offa EBay. There are a few states that ban unmarked cars from being used in traffic stops for this very reason. We don't need a KGB secret police in this country.

You can buy full light bars ect with red/black lights right off amazon with no restrictions. You can also buy/order police decals for your car off the net. I've personally arrested a Poser in a fully decked out police car, complete with radios/sirens/light bars. So your argument is null. Comparing US police to KGB is insulting, and there is no comparison. Unmarked cars serve a purpose and it's not to be the KGB.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have no clue what your talking about. Explain.
Ok... NPD runs unmarked cars for traffic duty. The old folks at church named one of them Twinkletoes and another of them Darth Vader, and the words they had for them were not endearing.

When the "law and order" crowd (like these old folks) see these vehicles as nothing but a money grab, how does that help build trust between the department and the community it serves?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok... NPD runs unmarked cars for traffic duty. The old folks at church named one of them Twinkletoes and another of them Darth Vader, and the words they had for them were not endearing.

When the "law and order" crowd (like these old folks) see these vehicles as nothing but a money grab, how does that help build trust between the department and the community it serves?

The people in Lamont Ok think of them as a revenue generator to keep their town on the map.

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Deception creates mistrust(not clearly marking your vehicle as law enforcement is seen as deceptive by many citizens). And while it may not be in the SOP handbook, they are definitely out their profiling, which doesn't help with the trust either. I got pulled over this time for a valid reason, but the only other time I have been pulled over since moving back was when I was moving back. A blacked out SUV(with OHP markings) pulled me over for no reason wanting to search the uhaul(i'm sure the CA plates and CA license had something to do with it). He claimed it was an awfully small uhaul to be moving with(I guess I should have paid extra for the 20' and left 1/2 of it empty).....

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you aren't doing anything wrong no need to concern yourself with police vehicles of any kind. So I've been told.
I hope you keep investigating that ideal, Sir
You can buy full light bars ect with red/black lights right off amazon with no restrictions. You can also buy/order police decals for your car off the net. I've personally arrested a Poser in a fully decked out police car, complete with radios/sirens/light bars. So your argument is null. Comparing US police to KGB is insulting, and there is no comparison. Unmarked cars serve a purpose and it's not to be the KGB.

Heck I got an app on my cell phone that blinks red and blue lights..

Ahh.. the Old war on drugs..?

Revenue generation?.....but then the State has to make money some way, I mean taxes arent enough

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I probably would not stop for an unmarked vehicle...maybe a Dodge charger if I could see the radio antenna pucks on the roof. Or dial 911 or toreach the OHP direct dial #55. Ask for a marked car to intervene.

Latest posts

Top Bottom