Unmarked Ford Raptor makes traffic stop on 35

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Call if you have service or a phone at all.

I wish they would do more checking all the cars entering the on ramps like they've done on 29th and I44.
Take the non insured and dopers and drunks off the road.

I have no issues with unmarked cars.
Kind of like hunting with camo.

But to pull you over for a small trailer seems wrong.
Yes I would like to see the drugs gone ,, but not in a non legal or harassing way.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gotta wonder why they're using a Raptor on highway interdiction in the first place...nothing better to spend my money on LOL!

Raoul Duke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somewhere in the stillborn state of Sequoyah
SoonerP226
Re: Unmarked Ford Raptor makes traffic stop on 35

Quote Originally Posted by SMS View Post
Gotta wonder why they're using a Raptor on highway interdiction in the first place...nothing better to spend my money on LOL!
Hell, it was probably a forfeiture vehicle...

SMS
Re: Unmarked Ford Raptor makes traffic stop on 35

Hopefully...

Being a product of civil forfeiture should only serve to fuel more skepticism about the justification for these expensive unmarked vehicles as far as I'm concerned.

As a report by the Institute for Justice explains, “By giving law enforcement a direct financial stake in forfeiture efforts, most state and federal laws encourage policing for profit, not justice.”
In a report that assesses state civil forfeiture laws, the Institute for Justice gave Oklahoma a D-, noting:
Oklahoma has terrible civil forfeiture laws, and its statutes give law enforcement significant financial incentives to seize property… In all civil forfeitures in Oklahoma, owners are presumed guilty and must contest forfeiture by proving they did not know property was being used illegally. Worse, law enforcement receives 100 percent of the proceeds from civil forfeiture.
According to this report, Oklahoma collects over $4.7 million annually from the federal Equitable Sharing program and $5.6 million annually from local forfeiture programs.

http://mccarvillereport.com/archives/14537

I wouldn't be surprised if the Ford Raptors were the fallback plan after budget requests for MRADS for traffic enforcement were deemed too over the top.

TenBears

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oklahoma has terrible civil forfeiture laws, and its statutes give law enforcement significant financial incentives to seize property. To forfeit property in civil proceedings, the government typically must show that property is related to a crime and subject to forfeiture by a preponderance of the evidence. In all civil forfeitures in Oklahoma, owners are presumed guilty and must contest forfeiture by proving they did not know property was being used illegally. Worse, law enforcement receives 100 percent of the proceeds from civil forfeiture.

When assets are seized by the Oklahoma Bureau of Narcotics and Dangerous Drugs Control, the Bureau can agree to share the proceeds with other law enforcement agencies. There are some limits on the amount of forfeited funds the Bureau can spend, but the cap was raised substantially in 2007. Previously, the Bureau needed to seek permission of the legislature to spend more than $900,000 of forfeited funds. Since 2007, that cap is $2,000,000.[1] Oklahoma law enforcement officials have used civil forfeiture laws aggressively, averaging more than $5.5 million per year in forfeiture proceeds between 2000 and 2007.

This is the biggest scam going-----MERICA, LAND OF THE SLAVE

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
FWIW, I didn't say I like asset forfeiture, just that it could've been a forfeited asset.

When they busted the drug lord's brother who owned the horse ranch just south of Lex, they auctioned off his horses well before the guy was even scheduled to go to trial. So much for not being deprived of life, liberty, or property without due process...

Latest posts

Top Bottom