unusual shotgun shell

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kind of like a Barnes slug, but appears to be lead. Be interesting to see how much testing went into its development vs how much is just advertising hype.

If you want a really deadly slug, look at Barnes for proven performance. They are uber expensive, but in one Federal offering they claim 48 inches of penetration with big expansion in ballistic gel. Stuff for brown bears. CB

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Info says it is made of steel not lead.

"DDupleks Hexolit32 12gauge 2 3/4" 1 1/8oz Expanding Steel Slug Shotgun ammunition."

Wonder how the ricochet factor is with this stuff?

Danny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was wondering how long it would take expanding broadheads to influence ammunition.

Surely that is for hunting only. The civil rights freaks will be screaming bloody murder if used against a human. Remember the stink they raised over Black Talons?

ProBusiness

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
in my understanding - self defense and even for hunting it is all about penatration.

that think does not look like it would penatrate.

can someone tell me the use of it??

Rob72

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
in my understanding - self defense and even for hunting it is all about penatration.

that think does not look like it would penatrate.

can someone tell me the use of it??

It's a 12g slug. Without knowing the weight, its hard to say, but 6" into the torso, providing it expands the way it is supposed to, is more than enough.

Latest posts

Top Bottom