Upgrade Glock gen-3 to Gen-5 features?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you had a gen-3 and didn't want to buy a new gun, can you get a gen-5 equivalent barrel and maybe some other parts that will bring a gen-3 on par with a gen-5 while maintaining reliability?

If so, what should be done to the gen-3 besides a barrel (and what barrel is closest to a gen-5 marksman)?

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The closest thing?
Honestly Sell it and buy a gen 5

Offhand I can’t think of anything that transfers drop in. Other things would be removing the finger grooves, and making sure you have the best extractor available for it and using good mags with good followers
And I kinda think the “marksman” barrel thing is just marketing.
You can’t get better accuracy and still maintain Glock reliability with an aftermarket barrel.
On the average with an average swapping the barrel.
I’ve fitted barsto barrels in glocks. They shoot tighter but you need to keep ‘em cleaner and keep up on line compared to stock.
Imo

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The closest thing?
Honestly Sell it and buy a gen 5

Offhand I can’t think of anything that transfers drop in. Other things would be removing the finger grooves, and making sure you have the best extractor available for it and using good mags with good followers
Yeah, I've fought off the urge, but on the G26, I actually like the finger grooves...on G19, I could do without them though. I'm just not as accurate as I expected with the G26 as with other glocks I own, so looking mainly to get something close to the marksman barrel without getting a new gun and losing the finger grooves.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I go back & fourth but I don't care for the front serrations, I like the slide finish better on the gen-3, I don't like the ambi slide release, and I like the finger grooves (on the G26), and the G26 gen-3 already has an OEM double recoil spring, so based on those things, I just can't justify it. But if I hand't spent too much lately, I'd probably consider it anyway...I have been thinking of seeing if anyone on here as a G26 gen-5 they might trade or partial trade for some things I have, but I haven't made the ad yet.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you had a gen-3 and didn't want to buy a new gun, can you get a gen-5 equivalent barrel and maybe some other parts that will bring a gen-3 on par with a gen-5 while maintaining reliability?

If so, what should be done to the gen-3 besides a barrel (and what barrel is closest to a gen-5 marksman)?

Sell me the old old wore out one. Buy the New One!

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think it just might be the smaller grip on a 26 that’s not doing it for you. , less surface area for the paws to steady the gun during the trigger press

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think it just might be the smaller grip on a 26 that’s not doing it for you. , less surface area for the paws to steady the gun during the trigger press
Well it has been awhile since I shot it, but I typically use the OEM +2 mags so the pinky fits. Also, I shoot the G43 well with no pinky...I'm sure the G26 is good enough, but I just expected it to be better...however, not shot it in a while and fixing to install new sights so maybe I will do better when I am ready to try it again. Thx for your help.

Latest posts

Top Bottom