US Backtracks LOL

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
What, you mean we can't expect other countries to follow our lead simply because we say so? Asking other countries to put their economies on the line because we have a problem with someone is ignorant and naive. I can't believe Hillery expected others to follow suit to begin with. It's embarrassing.

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/232599.html

The United States says it has exempted 11 nations including 10 European Union members and Japan from tough new sanctions on Iran as they have reduced oil purchase from Tehran.

US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said in a statement on Tuesday that the exemption covers financial institutions from 11 nations - Belgium, Britain, the Czech Republic, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Japan, the Netherlands, Poland and Spain, AFP reported.

"The actions taken by these countries were not easy…. They had to rethink their energy needs at a critical time for the world economy and quickly begin to find alternatives to Iranian oil, which many had been reliant on for their energy needs," she added.

Clinton also commended these countries, especially Japan, for their actions in significantly reducing crude oil purchases from Tehran and urged other nations that import oil from Iran to follow their example.

"Diplomacy coupled with strong pressure can achieve the long-term solutions we seek and we will continue to work with our international partners to increase the pressure on Iran to meet its international obligations," she noted.

Meanwhile, a senior US official, speaking on condition of anonymity, said that President Barack Obama would ultimately have to decide whether to impose economic sanctions that under the law take effect on June 28.

The most important countries which have not been included on the exemption list are China, India and South Korea.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's our freedom. Freedom. Not foreign policy - got it?

Our government has become the world's bully (on top of the global police officer), and the American people get to pay for it. I just wish that the rest of the world could see that in the scope of the American citizens and the U.S. government, it's not us, it's them that's the problem.

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's our freedom. Freedom. Not foreign policy - got it?

Our government has become the world's bully (on top of the global police officer), and the American people get to pay for it. I just wish that the rest of the world could see that in the scope of the American citizens and the U.S. government, it's not us, it's them that's the problem.

I sort of agree, but it's US that elects THEM....constantly. We have neglected our responsibility as citizens of a democracy for far too long and have gotten the government that we deserve.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I sort of agree, but it's US that elects THEM....constantly. We have neglected our responsibility as citizens of a democracy for far too long and have gotten the government that we deserve.

With recent voting shennanigans making it to the spotlight... I'm not so sure about that.

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With recent voting shennanigans making it to the spotlight... I'm not so sure about that.

Granted. States that allow for "winner take all" also distort the picture of just how many people voted for a particular candidate. Still, the fact that some recent candidates have made it as far as they have paints a pretty dismal portrait of the state of Americans' education/awareness.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Granted. States that allow for "winner take all" also distort the picture of just how many people voted for a particular candidate. Still, the fact that some recent candidates have made it as far as they have paints a pretty dismal portrait of the state of Americans' education/awareness.

Yes, I very much agree.

I wish this wasn't real life. :)

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

We have people on this very board who refused to vote for a candidate that would follow the COTUS and not interfere in the internal affairs of soverign foreign nations. He was either a "nut" or "unelectable" because of that. :(

Latest posts

Top Bottom