US preparing to launch cruise missile attack on Syria

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spata

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Report: Special Forces to Enter Syria from Jordan to Secure Chemical Stockpiles

Special military forces are currently positioned on the Jordanian-Syrian border and stand ready to enter “some sensitive sites” in Syria with the aim of securing chemical weapons stockpiles, Sky News Arabia quoted a high-ranking source as saying.

“These forces have been trained in terrains that are similar to Syria's geography to guarantee that they would reach their targets with the minimum losses possible,” the source, who did not elaborate on the nationalities of the forces, added.

The source said that Jordanian territory will not be a launchpad for any military strike on the Syrian regime, adding that the bombardment will involve rocket launchers, destroyers and warplanes.

"Military strikes will also target several positions of the terrorist groups that are operating in Syria," the source revealed.

"A buffer zone will be created in southern Syria to accomodate the new numbers of Syrian refugees and Western and Arab fighter jets have been put on alert at the Jordanian-Syrian border as a precaution against any retaliation by the Syrian regime against Jordanian territory," the source added.

Jordan has also deployed Patriot anti-missile systems along its border with Syria, the source said, noting that "the Jordanian army has studied several possible scenarios, including the possibility of using northern Jordan's airspace."

http://www.naharnet.com/stories/en/...ria-from-jordan-to-secure-chemical-stockpiles

2400 Marines sent to Jordan/Syrian border for "training" -- June

Tyson C.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
why do i get the feeling that after reading this it makes it sound like Syria is just a stepping stool for the US vs Russia (am i just becoming paranoid?) is/will the media spin this into a he said he said thing and **** hits the fan with Russia??

from link----

On Wednesday, one of Russia's most popular tabloids, Komsomolskaya Pravda, warned that Western intervention could spark an East/West standoff akin to the 1962 Cuban Missile Crisis.

"If optimists in the Pentagon believe that Russia will limit itself to warnings and expressions of anger, like it did over Iraq and Yugoslavia, they may well be mistaken," the paper declared on its website.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-23865053

gl55

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised to see the missiles fly between today & tomorrow. I do not see Obama backing down on this no matter what the UN guys find. What will be interesting is to see if these other nations are bluffing or not, I got a bad feeling they are not & all hell will break loose. And when it does this administration will have all kinds of excuses for themselves to place the blame on others.

Well Barack probably has some golf scheduled for the holiday weekend coming up so it could be in the next day or two.

BIG_MIKE2005

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
why do i get the feeling that after reading this it makes it sound like Syria is just a stepping stool for the US vs Russia (am i just becoming paranoid?) is/will the media spin this into a he said he said thing and **** hits the fan with Russia??

from link----

On Wednesday, one of Russia's most popular tabloids, Komsomolskaya Pravda, warned that Western intervention could spark an East/West standoff akin to the 1962 Cuban Missile Crisis.

"If optimists in the Pentagon believe that Russia will limit itself to warnings and expressions of anger, like it did over Iraq and Yugoslavia, they may well be mistaken," the paper declared on its website.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-23865053

Russia sure is positioning itself perfectly for this to happen. They are standing strong with Syria & it's government. Putin is already mad at Obama & now Saudi Arabia as well thanks to the cocky Prince. I think we would all be lying to ourselves if we did not acknowledge that most countries in that part of the world are just waiting for us to misstep & fall from the top. The more ignorant decisions our government makes about getting involved where we don't belong the closer we are to it happening.

It'll be extremely interesting to see what happens after strikes. If the talk turns into actions Obama will have opened a can of worms he should have left alone.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The official UMB prediction as of now.

Strike will happen Friday, our time, or will be put off until after the G20 summit next week.

It will be a punitive, rather than strategic. As such, it will have very little impact on the fight in Syria as a whole. Since we have telegraphed not only our intention to strike but also the possible targets and timelines, Assad will move his equipment and people out of the area, for the most part.

Obama gets to say he enforced the red line, Syria continues to burn.

Tyson C.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not that i want to live in Russia, but i find it funny how Putin (of all people) is like telling everyone to wait on a final word on reports or whatever. its like Putin is the adult watching the kids fight over who stole who toys and broke them. (my conspiracy side makes me thinks that he knows something we all don't)

WHAT IF: makes me wonder IF Russia was on board in the beginning what would of happened....i bet there would be tomahawks raining down!

Reported on Fox news--- "Jesse Jackson frowns upon the way Obama is handling the Syria situation..." :)

rebel-son

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
It is a mistake, It will be another Iraq or worse and all we do is replace a bad guy with a worse guy. I am sick of my countrymen being put in harms way so a guy who never served in combat ( none of them since the first George Bush ) can play chess with our soldiers lives.

America has its own problems. Let them have their sandbox and fight amongst themselves.

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The official UMB prediction as of now.

Strike will happen Friday, our time, or will be put off until after the G20 summit next week.

It will be a punitive, rather than strategic. As such, it will have very little impact on the fight in Syria as a whole. Since we have telegraphed not only our intention to strike but also the possible targets and timelines, Assad will move his equipment and people out of the area, for the most part.

Obama gets to say he enforced the red line, Syria continues to burn.

That's right. Even if all he manages to destroy are a few Port-a-potties, he will have made his point. Then everyone can declare face saving victory and the Syrians can get on with their business.

Latest posts

Top Bottom