USA, the Most Obese Country on Earth

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
People eat what they eat because they like it. It's really as simple as that.

I eat what I like, but I don't eat copious amounts of it and remain completely sedentary. Why are people doing that now?

BTW, why does a 12 oz. bottle of water cost more than a 16oz. bottle of Dr. Pepper (which is essentially water PLUS some other things added?)

Sheeeet mang, I got the hook up. I got that water piped right into my house, runs me right around $30 a month...and get this mang...I bathe in that sh*t every morning mang. I just stand in it for about 15 minutes and let it rain down upon me and flow out through a hole in my floor dawg, it's crazy. I don't even worry about how much I use. Sometimes I even take a piss in almost 2 gallons of it and throw it away.

I wonder if piping in Dr. Pepper would save me even MORE money? Pour some HFCS on me, I'm hot, sticky....sweeeeeeeeeeeeet.

(Don't worry about me, I'm just losing my mind is all.)

:D :D

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I eat what I like, but I don't eat copious amounts of it and remain completely sedentary. Why are people doing that now?

Sheeeet mang, I got the hook up. I got that water piped right into my house, runs me right around $30 a month...and get this mang...I bathe in that sh*t every morning mang. I just stand in it for about 15 minutes and let it rain down upon me and flow out through a hole in my floor dawg, it's crazy. I don't even worry about how much I use. Sometimes I even take a piss in almost 2 gallons of it and throw it away.

I wonder if piping in Dr. Pepper would save me even MORE money? Pour some HFCS on me, I'm hot, sticky....sweeeeeeeeeeeeet.

Some good arguments right there.

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't understand why people get so personal about this. Whether we statistically are or aren't the fattest country in the world is really irrelevant. Just observe the people around you. There is a problem. Does it affect my pocket-book? Probably. Can I do anything about it? Nope.

I wish people would take better care of themselves too but it just isn't going to happen. The new years resolution folks have already given up for the year. So now I can have my parking spot back! :D

I agree with this. There are several health issues that cost us money in the long run. How many people take good care of their teeth? How many people drink too many Mountain Dews or energy drinks instead of water? How many people don't eat their daily allotment of fiber or vegetables? Obesity is just another on a long list of health issues. Personally, if a person wants to ignore their health that's their choice. The last thing we need is the food police (be it a gov't. agency or just societal pressure) telling people what or when they can eat. I think we should encourage those who want to improve their health by losing weight, etc. but that's where it should end being anyone else's business. As for the money out of my pocket, the gov't will find SOMETHING to spend my money on whether people live healthy or not.

1shot(bob)

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Look at portions on the average menu. People are being served larger portions (far more than what is needed at a single seating). We've been trained to eat more and more whether we want it or need it.
Sedentary? Maybe because we've been taught that getting a college education and a white collar job is the only way to make a living and be happy.

Yes, I know it's free (almost) at home. At the c store and any grocery store the water is more expensive than the things we make out of it.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't worry... with the population explosion around the world, you'll soon have fresh, clean water becoming a scarce commodity.

Larry Morgan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The American population won't change until they get hit in the ONLY place it will matter to them: their pocketbook.

Incentive based healthcare plans are coming. They are thinking of doing one here were I work. All the companies who have adopted incentive based health premiums have stagnated their healthcare costs, while companies with flat-rate premiums have had their costs sky-rocket.

Latest posts

Top Bottom