Used Kahrs in Full Bloom

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ProBusiness

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
maybe people are selling theirs to get a Kimber Solo or a Beretta Nano. All of them thinner single stack guns. The Solo and Nano are the 'new' think and people love to get the latest and greatest.

swcu_21

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have had a CW40 for a couple years and it isn't going anywhere. I like it enough that I got rid of the Kimber Ultra Carry II I and picked up a full sized Colt instead. I did come by a very interesting Kahr at the show and I am wondering if anybody knows about it. It is a K9 Wilson Custom took it home and shot and cleaned it, its really sweet. Anybody know anything about this line?

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A lot of folks heard about how good Kahr was and instead of spending more to get the K/P series, they went with the budget models and are now letting them go in favor of something with more capacity or to get a gun they think will be banned sooner than later (i.e. something of the high-capacity or "assault weapon" variety... possibly something with the shoulder thingy that goes up). Those are mainly the Kahrs that I see floating around - but when they do, they generally drag the price of the K/P series down a little (it comes in waves).

I bought back one of my old K9s recently (wish gillman7 would sell me back the one that I had all that work done to - if he does, Glocktogo can have mine now for a good price :D ).

I think a lot of the 1911 and single-stack guns that have been going up for sale are because folks are scared that they won't be able to get that AR or hi-cap gun later and know that 1911s and Kahr single-stack guns have "low-capacity" magazines that can be had later if the legislation goes the same way it did in the past (which I don't think it will, but who knows).

I've noticed them in pawnshops lately too, not sure if it's coincidence or if there are just better products out there now?

Either way, it's nice to see the price coming down on these guys, they've always been good guns, I just cant make myself pay $500-700 for a $250-350 pistol.

You're talking about the CW series right? There's no way the K9 is only a $350 pistol.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have had a CW40 for a couple years and it isn't going anywhere. I like it enough that I got rid of the Kimber Ultra Carry II I and picked up a full sized Colt instead. I did come by a very interesting Kahr at the show and I am wondering if anybody knows about it. It is a K9 Wilson Custom took it home and shot and cleaned it, its really sweet. Anybody know anything about this line?

Yes, Wilson did a run of Kahrs with smoothed up triggers (like they weren't smooth enough already) and their Armortuff finish. Most people don't know about those. Since you didn't, I'll give ya a quarter for it! :D

A lot of folks heard about how good Kahr was and instead of spending more to get the K/P series, they went with the budget models and are now letting them go in favor of something with more capacity or to get a gun they think will be banned sooner than later (i.e. something of the high-capacity or "assault weapon" variety... possibly something with the shoulder thingy that goes up). Those are mainly the Kahrs that I see floating around - but when they do, they generally drag the price of the K/P series down a little (it comes in waves).

I bought back one of my old K9s recently (wish gillman7 would sell me back the one that I had all that work done to - if he does, Glocktogo can have mine now for a good price :D ).
I think a lot of the 1911 and single-stack guns that have been going up for sale are because folks are scared that they won't be able to get that AR or hi-cap gun later and know that 1911s and Kahr single-stack guns have "low-capacity" magazines that can be had later if the legislation goes the same way it did in the past (which I don't think it will, but who knows).

You're talking about the CW series right? There's no way the K9 is only a $350 pistol.

I'd be interested! :)

swcu_21

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is a pretty little shooter, the kind that I picked up because it is interesting and felt right in the hand. I did some quick research prior to the purchase, but wasn't able to get a whole lot of info besides they were made in 98. It is almost too pretty to carry even in used condition. I think I will shoot Kahr an email for the details.

I am not attached to it but a quarter wouldn't cut it Glocktogo :P

Latest posts

Top Bottom