Veterans

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you! Now if we can get some of the younger folks to go in and gain some maturity and respect for authority things would be a lot better.

Dukester

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Thank you! Now if we can get some of the younger folks to go in and gain some maturity and respect for authority things would be a lot better.

I respected authority before I went in the Army because my parents did their job. Of course that was over twenty years ago, things are different these days.

Dr_Mitch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I pooped on authority once. I highly recommend it. Come to think of it, tyrants hold authority. Yep, good old authority. Totally repectable, never question it. That would be radical, like the kind of thing the Founding Fathers might do. And look where it got them.

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I respected authority before I went in the Army because my parents did their job. Of course that was over twenty years ago, things are different these days.

Had a young USAF A1C from Altus drop in to say hello to the old retired military guys (including me) who encouraged him to join up 2 years ago.
He is doing well, and showing plenty of integrity and work ethic.
They are still out there among the young people, usually the quiet guys from small towns that never make headlines, just take care of their business.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I pooped on authority once. I highly recommend it. Come to think of it, tyrants hold authority. Yep, good old authority. Totally repectable, never question it. That would be radical, like the kind of thing the Founding Fathers might do. And look where it got them.

You and I must have very different definitions of what we consider authority. Or perhaps you are lumping legitimate and illegitimate authority into the same basket. Either way, knowing the difference is the key. While not all authority deserves respect, some does.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You and I must have very different definitions of what we consider authority. Or perhaps you are lumping legitimate and illegitimate authority into the same basket. Either way, knowing the difference is the key. While not all authority deserves respect, some does.

This ^^^^ statement contains much wisdom.

24T_missilejock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

This ^^^^ statement contains much wisdom.

Yes it does.

Latest posts

Top Bottom