Victim hit during Black Lives Matter protest, his attorney plans to file civil lawsuit

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Defense attorney --- (to the plaintiff) Sir, if you were in your driveway, and the car you were standing behind started to backup, what would you do?

:tounge2:

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
TULSA, Okla. (KTUL) — A man hit by a truck during a Black Lives Matter rally in May is working to file a lawsuit after the district attorney declined to file charges against the driver.

It’s a moment Carmyn Taylor never wants to relive.

“I really thought for a minute, I thought I was going to die because I thought the truck was going to go right over me,” Taylor said.

Taylor said he watched as the truck ran over his legs.

“I was stuck to his vehicle, I remember shouting multiple times, I am stuck, I can’t move, I am trapped,” he said.
He came out with a broken leg and two sprained ankles, and many others were injured.

That’s why Taylor says he was extremely disappointed when he heard Steve Kunzweiler, the Tulsa County District Attorney, was not going to file charges against the driver.

Kunzweiler said the truck driver and his family were the victims, after multiple individuals unnecessarily escalated an already dangerous circumstance.
“It was just all around a very irresponsible thing to have done,” Taylor said. “He could have decided to not press charges without also villainizing the protesters.”

Even with protesters standing on the highway, Taylor’s attorney Jonathan Nation, says the fault lies with the driver.

“You still have to be attentive on the road, when there is a protest, when there’s pedestrians on the street, you can’t just throw caution to the wind,” Nation said.

Taylor and Nation are planning to file a civil action lawsuit.

“There was a clear failure to properly maintain his vehicle,” Nation said. “He endangered people. There should be some charge on some level.”

However, it pans out, Taylor says justice must be served.

https://ktul.com/news/local/victim-...otest-his-attorney-plan-to-file-civil-lawsuit
Law needs to change. Frivolous law suits like this trying to make money off of illegal acts of harassing and terrorizing motorists should not happen in the first place. This is going to cost the real victim, the motorist time, money and headaches that are unnecessary and should’ve never happened to begin with. Hopefully the lawyer or any others can be sued for taking this fraud ambulance chaser BS.

I like how the kid that the news made false clames about over the Indian protester mad 250 million so far and has 6 more news agencies to bend over. This type of punitive action is what is needed for crooked lawyers and politicians. We need new precedence for these corrupt arse hats so they quit messing with decent folk and making false claims.

I am sick of these woke idjits and their skewed views that don’t hold water. I hope America in general is as sick as I am of all these sick progressives liberals and that people’s eyes open.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This case brings things to a head in the clash of cultures. This and other freeway protest-type civil injury cases could be shortstopped in some way. The individuals who self-righteously decided they were morally right to illegally shut down a major highway and passively or actively formed a mob that facilitated violent actions toward the family inside the trapped vehicle, should have legal liability. Trespass in the commission of a mob attack seems to be a clear category worthy of punishment.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wonder if a good attorney could get the lawsuit tossed with prejudice? After all, the driver exercised his rights under the SDA and was cleared by the DA. Doesn't that indemnify the driver from civil suit?

Latest posts

Top Bottom