Video: Police arrest bystander filming them and shoot his dog

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BIG_MIKE2005

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Owner never should have had to worry about it honestly. He was doing no wrong & was obviously making effort to get the dog into the car as they approached. Never had time to roll up the windows. cops should have never bothered him to begin with & his dog was protecting him. Cops deserve to have their badges taken & some kind of punishment. I didn't see anything in that video that should have resulted in the police confronting them man much less arresting him. Unless I'm missing something here the cops were outta line & overstepped their authority. which sadly is becoming more & more common around the country.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Watched it, that cop is an idiot. The dog tried to bite him because he was grabbing at the dog. The dog was doing nothing more than barking at them until the officer tried to grab the dog. Grabbing at a dog is a good way to get bitten.

The dog was just watching until the police started to "handle" the guy in cuffs. The more they "handled" him, the more the dog became concerned. The police elevated that situation, not the dog. The dog doesn't understand handcuffs. The dog does understand forcefully manipulating the owner physically.

indi

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Owner obviously knew the police were coming to confront him, for whatever reason. At that point he needed to secure the dog. What the cops did when the dog approached seems justifiable imo. Crooked cops/ cops on a power trip make my blood boil. These cops dont give me that impression.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh I get it; bump music at a disruptive level from your car, talk sh$t to LEOs pulling perimeter security for an entry when they ask you to turn the music down, leave your 130lb Rott unsecured, and then cry like a ***** when same 130lb dog lunges at an officer and gets shot. Everybody's a tough guy until things don't go their way...thug life yo!

The cop should've been a man and taken the mauling right?

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
WTF did they cuff the guy in the first place?

"obstruction of justice"

The officers were apparently upset because the music coming form Rosby’s car was too loud and he didn’t immediately turn the volume down.

“It’s distracting the officers. It’s interfering with what they are able to hear,” Hawthorne Police Lt. Scott Swain reportedly said. “It’s not just a party call. It’s an armed robbery call. The officers need to hear what’s going on with the people being called out of the residence. That music in his car is bleeding over and it’s distracting them.”

Swain actually claims the cops were also trying to protect Rosby — from his own dog.

“I know it’s the dog’s master, and more than likely not going to attack him, (but) we’ve got a guy handcuffed that’s kind of defenseless. We have a duty to defend him too,” he said.

source - full article

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh I get it; bump music at a disruptive level from your car, talk sh$t to LEOs pulling perimeter security for an entry when they ask you to turn the music down, leave your 130lb Rott unsecured, and then cry like a ***** when same 130lb dog lunges at an officer and gets shot. Everybody's a tough guy until things don't go their way...thug life yo!

The cop should've been a man and taken the bite right?

That's what it sounds like. Oh man I'm going to have to watch the video now.

In no way could this be a yellow headline.

Glock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

The cop should've been a man and taken the mauling right?

That's how I saw it too.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
yup, sadly this looks like a righteous shooting that could have been easily avoided. There does however seem to be an increasing number of these "Police shoots Dog" stories. Is it just the media?

Latest posts

Top Bottom