Video: Police arrest bystander filming them and shoot his dog

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And they couldn't tell him to go away why?

Because telling/asking him to turn his music down worked out so well for them...They didn't say he couldn't be there, just didn't want him to impede/interfere with an active armed robbery situation.

Looking at his history, my snap internet judgement is that they guy is a crusader. Someone who's had as many run-ins with the law as he has claimed to have had, should be looking to stay off their radar...not roll up to a perimeter with music blarring and prowling around the scene with a huge dog and a video camera.

I believe he went there specifically intending to instigate a law enforcement response against himself, hoping that things would go south and he could get another payday from the city. He got what he wanted. He'll probably get his payday at the expense of his dog, some real "innocent bystanders" who had to witness the shooting, and a couple of cops who will have to deal with the fall out....and we'll hear about him in a few years dying of an overdose, beating up a hooker, or committing some other thug life crime.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Didn't anyone read the above description carefully? This "innocent bystander" brought attention to himself with loud music (worth a citation in OKC) and refused to turn it down (a lawful order from an officer). Things escalated, but there appears to be wrong on both sides.

<edit: While I was writing, severeal more posts showed up making my point better than I did here. After reading everything again, I think I'm with Iggy--shoot the dog.

technetium-99m

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm not saying don't shoot the dog, but I don't hear the police tell him anything, all I hear is the guy filming then the bozo saying something about a civil rights violation and there you have it. He does have some exchange with two of the officers but I can't for the life of me tell what it is.

In your guy's honest opinion, should they have restrained the guy or walked him over to his car and had a face to face? I'm not an officer but I'm leaning towards the latter.

On a related tangent, I truly believe if people seeking attention didn't get it you wouldn't see stuff like this. Just my thoughts, would like to hear yours.

technetium-99m

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Next time Im at work and an aggressive dog attacks you should I let him finish what he started or should I intervene and protect your dumb ass?

Scott, we've shot enough matches together that I feel I can say this.

If you let the dog keep chewing on me I will feel it's just your way of trying to gain a competitive advantage, and since I know you are a sportsman of the highest honor, please help me if it ever comes to it.

GlockCop

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Scott, we've shot enough matches together that I feel I can say this.

If you let the dog keep chewing on me I will feel it's just your way of trying to gain a competitive advantage, and since I know you are a sportsman of the highest honor, please help me if it ever comes to it.

Deal! Provided that when the dog first lunges you havent shot him twice and showed clear before I can draw....lol.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those officers look like they did everything they could in the moment to not have to shoot that dog, but as the dog aggressed, I have to side with the cops.

Apart from the bit where they harassed somebody who had broken no law, sure.

But the police only bother you if you've done something wrong. I read it here on OSA!

skatalite

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd like to think the cop(s) could have used pepper spray before bullets, but what's done is done.

Both sides made mistakes and a dog died. It didn't have to happen.

Latest posts

Top Bottom