Voluntary Demographic Survey Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sooonerbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The CEO asked all employees to take a demographic survey for some sort of affirmative action requirement. One of the questions asked if I have a disability, then went own to give several examples. One of those examples is HIV/AIDS. My question is, how is HIV/AIDS considered a disability?

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The CEO asked all employees to take a demographic survey for some sort of affirmative action requirement. One of the questions asked if I have a disability, then went own to give several examples. One of those examples is HIV/AIDS. My question is, how is HIV/AIDS considered a disability?

I don't see how HIV ia a disability, but AIDS? Absolutely.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

It was inserted in the American's with Disabilities Act way back when as a legal definition.

Because it is a legally defined "disability" you are not legally allowed to discriminate against someone that has HIV/AIDS because they have HIV/AIDS.

dave

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
True story, While in college I had a coworker that was HIV positive, that had another part time job, at Arby's on the meat slicer. This is my biggest reason for giving up eating food made by strangers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom