Vortex Strikefire Gen 2 vs Primary Arms Advanced Red Dot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobbyJuice

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pretty set on getting one of these red dots. Anybody have any experience with these? I'm leaning towards the PA due to 2MOA dot compared to the 4. Other wise it's a toss up. Both have great warranties. My other option is using my Burris fast fire as a standalone optic for my sbr and just buying a mount. Thanks

Shodown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm a huge fan of Primary Arms (I have 3 of their red dots albeit none are the Advanced model) so I am a little biased to suggest them. My brother has a Vortex Strikefire 2 on one of his ARs and its pretty sweet as well. You really can't go wrong with either one. I would get the PA though. 2 MOA dot, 50K hour battery, and QD mount are nice are nice options over the Strikefire IMO.

BobbyJuice

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I ultimately decided to wait on the holosun hs503 to come out. It's rumored next month. Basically holosun is the oem partner of primary arms and the guy wanted to start his own line. The new hs503 has both a 2 moa dot and an eotech style reticle as well if you hold down the brightness button. Theres also an option for 4 2 moa dots and an eotech type reticle with the 4 dots as well.

BobbyJuice

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They also have the 50k battery life. Here's a video that sold me.

[video=youtube_share;tTx7YC3cA3o]http://youtu.be/tTx7YC3cA3o[/video]

HonkyTonkHale

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have both the Vortex Strike Force II and the Primary Arms with the push buttons and 50K battery. I would highly recommend the PA! I have a Aimpoint H-1 and the PA stacks up to it very well. I would suggest that you get a mount other than the PA though. I really like the Fortis, and have heard great things about the American Defense.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For me I went with the Strikefire II since I had Cabelas points to pay for it. I like that it comes with the mount and can be run with red OR green dot, whichever is your pleasure or lighting conditions. However, I really like the lighter weight and size of the Holosun. And then, there's the battery 'life'. As in years! That's unrivaled as far as I know in this price point.

maat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have one on my ar. I was out shooting a couple weeks ago. I was hitting small targets at 200 yards. I am very impressed with it.

Wolf44

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Holosun has the 503C and 515C incoming..............should be interesting.

Naturally, warranty is only as good as the company, and the "lifetime" warranty isn't really lifetime, unless you really are worried more for the alloy frame VS the electrics.......

Vortex hopefully will be not too far behind........as that warranty and CS I have faith in to be there for a good while.

Latest posts

Top Bottom