Waders

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brennan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Recommend some waders for fishing, maybe duck hunting, or what ever else I would use waders for. I would probably were them in my sit on top kayak also.

Red Earth

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fishing / Duck hunting waders wouldn't work for me..... Unless you are a cold weather fisherman!

I get cold quick... So I look for the warmest Duckin' gear I can find! Just purchased a set of waders from sportsman guide.... 2000 grams of thinsulate! They are comfortable and warm.... Just a bit to warm for this time of year. I do have to un-attach the shoulder straps to shoot....they are a bit annoying. I would never last in them trout fishing in the spring!!

Red ball waders are my favorite for fishing.

PJ

WacosSon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Recommend some waders for fishing, maybe duck hunting, or what ever else I would use waders for. I would probably were them in my sit on top kayak also.

I normally go the redhead route for waders and they're great, but to be honest, wearing waders while paddling a kayak would scare the hell outta me. You fall in deep water with waders on, those things will fill up and pull ya right on down. Not the smartest idea. If you're thinkin about using them for waterfowling, be sure you get at least 1000 gram thinsulate or your little guys might freeze right off....

Ksmirk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hodgman waders, go to the website and click on thier clearance link. I'd opt for the light breathable waders, then you get the clothing to layer underneath, trout fishing I normally wear either thermals or if it's dang cold I'll break out the fleece pants too spring I normally just wet wade with neoprene socks and my wade boots and stay in water shallow enough not to get the boys wet LMAO

Neoprene waders well I have a pair that's been around for about 6 or 7 years and I've been in them twice! I lost 10# from all the sweating I did and looked like a freakin' beached seal so they are packed someplace don't know why I still have them but in MY opinion I think they suck! I have enough underwear goodies that I can keep warm, a couple of years ago my thermometer read water temp of 28 deg and the outside air was 30 and I was just fine, I had to dip my flyrod in the water to get the ice off the guides every now and again but no big deal.

If your going to get one pair of waders go with the light breathable you'll spend more time in the nicer weather fishing than you will duck hunting and it's really not all that cold anymore. OH you said something about your yak? dude get a damn good wading belt or just pony up the change go see Dave at OKC Kayak and get you a wetsuit! waders are like a balloon when you fill with water it's not going to run out and that feeling really sucks trust me I've got the t-shirt! I now turn my waders down and wear them like pants with a real tight Simms neoprene belt but if I were going to use them with my yak I'd spend the money and get the wetsuit bottoms they are cheap compaired to your life! Later,

Kirk

Latest posts

Top Bottom